Replacing A/C Condenser

lanteau

Can anyone explain to me how to replace the A/C condenser? I took a look at my service manual but it seems to explain very little about how to remove/install it. It seems there are four bolts into the rad support? Where are they located? Do I have to remove or unbolt radiator? The system is empty (has been for a long time) so I know I can just use the spring lock coupling tools to disconnect the lines. Can it be pulled out from the front of the car behind the bumper?

radiator and fan must be pulled out. YOU might get lucky and not have to remove the Intercooler.

Is it possible to just loosen the radiator and leave the hoses connected and just pull it back? Or no it has to come all the way out?

Is it possible to just loosen the radiator and leave the hoses connected and just pull it back? Or no it has to come all the way out?

I dunno... never thought to try it. If you're asking that, you might as well just give it a go. Biggest issue will be the intercooler that is attached to the bellows attached to the radiator brackets.

Back