No supercharger noise?

90turbo1

so i have come to notice that my car for some reason doesnt have the usuall supercharger noise when its running full boost.

I mean the car is making boost, about 10-11 psi according to my autometer guage in 3rd at full throttle. but there seems to be no noise like in all the vidoes on you tube and such.

what gives??

stock intake (resonator, filter box, rubber tube) will deaden a lot of the sound. thats what it was designed to do.

remove resonator and filter box, fab up a heat divider, add a cone filter to the maf. you'll get the sound you want.

I have a stainless steel 3" tube for my inlet tube and mine really screams at full throttle. The thing is, I can't hear hardly any of it inside the car but it sure is loud outside. Everybody at the dragstrip knows when I'm ruinning.

just take the big plastic muffler out of the inner fender under the air filter , i think the bigger opening gains 5 or 10 horsepower and sounds much better , i think i read before that they put that muffler on so the tbird wouldnt have more power than the mustang gt out of the factory , then you can go to lowes and buy some drier vent tube and make your own cold air intake cheap just run it out under the bumper

Last edited:
Back