saw a member...who?

americanthunder

a little over a month ago, i saw (if i remember right) an 89-93 supercoupe. not sure about these next details so dont pay too much attention to them, maybe it was gray? or at least a dark color and maybe an anniversary edition. it had mufflers that looked like flowmasters from the back. but what really stuck out was that there was a hole cut in the hood and the intercooler was just about completely exposed to free air and angled about 45degrees out of the hood. i saw the SCCOA decal behind the 3rd brake light. just curious who that was.

Did it look something like this? (sorry about the size)
mysc.jpg

I can't take the credit for the ideal or the work. Chris Lazzo put ALOT of work into it. Its a work in progress though. If I keep it, like this, it will eventually see a Harwood scoop. Where'd you see it? I've run into a few people locally, but I don't think I've been near Columbus with it like this.

thats the one!

Yea, i think thats pretty damn cool-- love new ideas,, what about when it rains though? does that affect it at all?
-Damon

naw man. i saw you at miami university a little over a month ago. you were parked off of E Spring St. are you enrolled/employed/know someone who goes there?
if that works as well as it looks like it works, that's pretty damn sweet man. that's the coldest CAI setup i've ever seen. Intercooler 100% exposed with ambient temp air blowing right on it! all i gotta say is very innovative man.
rob

I've used eveything from trash bags, to a gigantic tupperware bowl to keep the rain out. I'm an employee for Miami. Because of that I recieve a tuition waiver, which I'm putting to good use.
The intercooler is cold almost always cold, and in deleting 3-4 foot of IC tubing you get lots of boost, right away. It makes lots of low end torque. But the best part about it, is the evil sound of the blower.

Back