weird occurrance

anlo

on the way to work the front drivers side spark plug blew out .. freaked me out threw a spare in eased back home. current plugs in from previous owner were motorcraft platinum agsf 34 fm not knowing if thats a suitable replacement went and purchased 6 autolite app 5144 for my own piece of mind..

went ahead and threw them in out of the box and have some stuttering at wot normal granny driving seems fine and slight miss at idle so i have a gapper and about to pull em and fix gap at .054 which is stock .should that number be altered? car is a 90 aod..
mostly stock with cold air intake no cats no resonator

no hesitation or stutter before new plugs so im hoping its just a gap issue....

Last edited:
re gap

well pull out un gapped out of the box plugs and they were at about 46 ive decided to go with 52 and pray.. found out why the front plug blew out with a mirror
threads are jacked about half way was able to get a pretty good bite upon re inserting theres no way i can afford to have it helicoiled properly so i got it pretty darn tight and will hope for the best.... dang previous owner syndrome.. you shouldnt own one of these cars and not know all the little quirks and precautions.. but on the other hand how else do you learn in life? wish me luck !! unless you know a way around this little pit fall cheaply....

autolite platinum are junk you will have trouble buy autolite copper or motorcraft platinum

i know its in a different engine,, non boosted,, but i ran autolite platinums and burned them up within 2 weeks.. was in a 98 mustang gt. cause all sorts of missfire/studdering.

POINT taken

point taken i will ditch the autolites asap and take the advice maybe spring for the irridiums. awesome thanks

Back