Starting questions

Jason_12w6

I pulled some codes on my 35th I'm trying to get started and the reader pulled a 22 can someone tell me what this means.
I thought the crank sensor was gone because the upshift light comes on when I try to start it. Also is there a way to test you starter to see if it's shot. Thanks guys

im sorry its been a while dont remember the codes but i thought upshift lite should go out during cranking , first thing i would pull a plug wire and check for spark if no spark its prob crank sensor or bad harmonic balancer . starter is prob good if its spinning fairly fast

Would I still get spark even though it's not cranking. Is there a way to test the starter to see if it's bad or a sound I should be listening for.

I'm no expert so probably don't have a followup but;

22= Manifold Absolute Pressure/ Barometric Pressure Higher/Lower than expected

In the day you could cross a screwdriver from positive to neg terminal on solenoid. (just behind battery in front of WW Container.) Hold shaft of screwdiver at tip on one terminal and come across and touch other terminal.

This should trigger the starter.

I've tried that and the starter just clicks still. That's why I figured somthing must be wrong with starter but I wanted to be sure before I started just replacing parts

Again with limited troubleshooting knowledge confirm battery level and connections.

If all OK then next stop should be solenoid on starter. If it is clicking then starter could be seized or a corroded connection.

That stoppage could be starter itself or even a bad spot on flywheel. There may be a load test you could do at solenoid to determine if starter is loading up and not turning.

Back