96 Mystic Cobra detail

mcate

Just wanted to show you guys what I think might be my best detail ever. I wish I'd taken some before pics, because this car had a TON of swirls & scratches. The previous owner apparently loved scratch machine car washes! After claying I went right to Poorboy's SSR 2.5 swirl remover with orange pad & did the entire car. Had to really concentrate on some of the scratches on the doors & quarter panels. Then we polished with PB Pro Polish & gave it a coat of EX Sealant. (I was gonna try Black Hole, but it was getting late) What amazed me most about this car is that the paint really appears to be original, & the car turned over 190,000 miles right after leaving my garage! He's eventually going to repaint it, but the paint from BASF is like $1500 a gallon!

http://s618.photobucket.com/albums/tt269/mwcate/96 Mystic Cobra detail/

...well,if you should decide to go self employed you can be a
deeeetaaaaiiiilllleeerrrr :D.....although you might starve during the winter months.
z

Looks good Mike. That paint was always sky high. I remember it being about 180.00 a pint when the cars were new.

:eek:...................Who's that fat dude in the reflection in the last pic? You need to wax him out of the paint........................:rolleyes:

Who's car is it, it looks real purty.............:D

Dave, I cleaned out my pm box.

He's not fat, it's just that curvature in the quarter panel! Distorts pictures every time! Car belongs to a young guy who lives out here in Greenfield. He's in our Mustang club, & the Southside Mustangs. It was a fun detail. He was REAL happy with the way it turned out.

Back