PDA

View Full Version : 94 95 Owners -Is it just me?

madebyme
07-13-2010, 02:24 PM
I am relatively new to the SC crowd but I am working very hard to get my 95 restored. So far, it's going really well but I'm working on the interior and I noticed that the drivers side insert for the switches is black and the passenger side is grey. So I start to think the previous owner replaced it with a stock insert from another car. Well as I look at other 94-95 cars on the site, I noticed they are all like that... Any idea why? I don't think I've ever noticed that from the factory on any other car made.

BLOWN38
07-13-2010, 03:39 PM
The wrap around dash is black on the driver side and flows into the door panel so it would look funny if it was the interior color. On the cougars the parts that are black on the bird are interior color on the cougars.

Ira R.
07-13-2010, 03:57 PM
Yep. It's just the way they blended the color scheme for the dash. And I might add that I've always kind of liked it.

Ira

Melon
07-13-2010, 06:32 PM
I am relatively new to the SC crowd but I am working very hard to get my 95 restored. So far, it's going really well but I'm working on the interior and I noticed that the drivers side insert for the switches is black and the passenger side is grey. So I start to think the previous owner replaced it with a stock insert from another car. Well as I look at other 94-95 cars on the site, I noticed they are all like that... Any idea why? I don't think I've ever noticed that from the factory on any other car made.

I did the same thing a few years ago with my blue interior on my 94. Until I got looking at my friend's 94 Cougar and talked to someone who was parting out a 94/95 with blue interior.

-Melon