Damn Keyless entry pad wont light up all the way!

syphon

So does anyone know of any common problems with the Keyless Entry Number Pad?

Now, don't get me wrong, it still works great. Its just the lights on it that are causing me problems.

I currently drive a 90 Supercoupe, but before that it was a 90 LX. With both cars, the lights all work when I first got them. After normal use, some of the lights wont work anymore, and some will be dim. For instance, the 1/2, 3/4, and 5/6 will light up fine, but the 7/8 and 9/0 lights arent on.

It almost seems sporadic, as it will be this way for weeks on end when suddenly they'll all start working again, good as new. This will be shortly followed by a period when none of the lights work.

It seems as if theres a loose connection somewhere, but i have no idea where to even begin looking.

Hi, Syphon.

When I got my 35th, the keypad had worn numbers and looked bad but still worked. I got a new one from ford and it wasn't a big chore to change it. I looked at the old one and it's just a sealed unit with small bulbs inside. I don't know for sure if it's even worth trying to take it apart and replace the bulbs. It does sound like some bad connections and I would simply replace the keypad and harness, especially if you are going to keep the car for a while. I can understand it bothering you about the lights because I have always liked everything to work right on all of my cars. Just my .02.

Have a good week.

Mine doesn't light up at all!!!. I didn't even know they were supposed to. How much are they to replace from ford?

Back