Need a new radiator fan need suggestions

275hptbirdsc

Hey guys I think my fan on my 92 is dead since it doesnt come on when the car gets hot. The only way I know of testing it is to turn on the ac and when I did the fan didnt come on. Anyway I need suggestions on a replacement. Nothing fancy it can be aftermarket or from another plug and play car(I think taurus?) my local junk yards around here usually dont have any tbirds in so getting another would be hard but I do know of one that has a 95 lx would that fan work? Thanks.

try this

Autozone has new fan motors with a lifetime warranty for $53.99.

PM254 is the part number, and it will plug and play, just replace your old motor with this new one and you will be all set.

2 bolts remove the shroud and fan as a unit and three bolts should hold the fan motor into the fan shroud, just have to get the clip off to remove the fan blade first, and aligned the pin on the new motor with the slot on the fan itself.

Fairly easy to do.

Smitty

PM254 is the part number, and it will plug and play, just replace your old motor with this new one and you will be all set.

2 bolts remove the shroud and fan as a unit and three bolts should hold the fan motor into the fan shroud, just have to get the clip off to remove the fan blade first, and aligned the pin on the new motor with the slot on the fan itself.

Fairly easy to do.

Smitty

Well before I go buy that are there any more tests to see if the fan is working? Ive had several occasions where I go buy a new part to find out something else is broke making the thing i just bought not work.

I used the taurus fan. Just got a 3.8 liter taurus, and the fan blades and motor bolted up in my shroud. Works great

Fairly easy to do.

Smitty

I went there and they said the fan is only one speed. Do you have this motor in yours? Is it high speed or low speed only?

I have an extra

If you want, I could take the motor out of my extra fan....just need a lil time to get it in my hands cause its at my friends house. It works cause I tested it not long ago.

Let me know, like 20 shipped or something?

Tom

What year? I heard those fans spin the opposite way is that true?

If it does, it doesn't matter. I used the blades that came with the taurus. Mid-90s taurus is what I used. There's a bit more of a gap on the shroud with the taurus blades, but it cools better than before my fan motor went out. High-speed usually never comes on unless in hot stop and go traffic.

Back