weird poping noise, when turning,

thunderbird89sc

Ok theres a weird poping sound when i make a turn. mainly its when i turn left, it sounds and feels like it coming from the middle of the car, my mom's grand am did this too. it was a little poll, in the wheel well, it was like a 4 dollar part, theres a large pot hole and bumb in the drive way to my buliding, and i think that might have somthing to do with it, what do you guys think? but heres a little about me and my plans for the car,I'm in Illinois, Theres going to be a lot done to this car over the next 2 yearsm everything new, My uncle who works a shop said by the time i am done with ever thing i want done, abd to replace everything but the body and inside i will spend around 28,000.00 she will have all stock parts except for the exsust, there will also be a new paint job, but until then does any one know where i can find paint that matches the titanuim color of a 89, ? this is my first car so, I am worried about some rust on the bottom drivers side floor, the wires are showing throughm i'm getting that fixed this winter, while i am driving a 1977 buick , if anyone as has any ideas let me know, I will go get the code reader on friday, thanks, matt

Your popping sound is probably coming from the front end. Could be a hub assembly or ball joint. I would have a shop check it out, you don't want nothing coming apart on you when driving!

As far as you rebuilding your car top to bottom, your Uncle is right! It will cost you a fortune. You should just by my car instead! 90 Titanium SC auto, with no rust, near perfect paint and interior, everything works and runs like new.

$4000 and a trip to Orlando and you just saved yourself alot of work! I have pictures and decriptive list of mods, maintenance and repairs I can email.

ive had popping twice, first time was a lower right ball joint about to go, second time the front subframe was loose.

I love this car too much, to not spend 20,000 on her, it don't bother me at all. then again money means nothing to me, do you guys have any ideas on what should be replaced, i mean the 3.8 sc being rebuilt, and a new tranny, are given, but anything else

Suspension redo with after market Tokico's and performance springs to stiffen things up. A pretty wheel/tire pkg perhaps. A shorter gear; 3:55 is to my liking for spritely acceleration.

Probably by 4/03 I should be there, maybe a little sooner If I had about $4K and since money means nothing to you perhaps you wont mind paypaling a few bones? Maybe not. Happy Buildup :D

popping

Had this also but found out it was the gel filled motor mounts had popped and drained out. now that i have new ones no popping, and the thing handles more like the rocket sled on rails my '90 was when it was new!
Looking to do exhaust next. but need also to do a complete bushing job. trying to get the wife to let me have my own SC to toy with as it will still be cheaper than a lift kit and larger tires for my Super Duty.

Back