PDA

View Full Version : Letting the SC take a break

Gregthespy
07-16-2010, 10:59 PM
I decided to take some of the money uncle Sam gave me for buying a home and put it towards buying a new daily driver. With the SC reaching 175,000 miles and becoming unreliable for daily driving with it's tendency to burst into flames when the ABS accumulator O-ring decides to fail and gush brake fluid onto the exhaust manifold. I figured it would be in my best interest to invest in something new. :rolleyes: I had been researching newer trucks and was looking at getting a Ranger with fairly low miles, possibly a fleet vehicle with little to no options. I started my search and became dissatisfied with the results and began looking at what I thought I'd never get... I had seen a few of them on the road, not many in this trim package though, I started to do some research and liked what I found. A Toyota Tacoma, in it's lesser known trim package of the X-Runner. Outfitted with a 4.0L variable valve timing V6 with 235 HP and 265Ft/Lb of torque mated to a 6 speed manual. all of this complemented with it's "X" braced frame and Bilstsin shocks, make it feel much more like a car than a truck. Exactly what I want, because I'm an occasional hauler and a daily commuter, not the other way around.
I searched around and found it only came in 3 color options, red, black and bright metallic blue, once I saw the blue I was hooked. Of course it's the hardest color to find, I drove to Hollywood last weekend and picked up an '09 with 18,000 miles on it and couldn't be happier with it. I've got the SC in the barn and am glad I have it off the road now.
Here's a few pics of it on the new homestead.:cool:

http://i101.photobucket.com/albums/m68/gregthespy/X-Runner/P7101762.jpg

http://i101.photobucket.com/albums/m68/gregthespy/X-Runner/P7101774.jpg

Cobra85
07-17-2010, 01:02 PM
Nice looking truck Greg. Good luck with it.
Glenn
(know anyone looking for a SC? :D)

Flip
07-18-2010, 08:02 AM
Very Nice, Like the 6 speed and the blue. Nice choice:D

Brad Klein
07-18-2010, 02:24 PM
very nice truck
I looked at a Tundra that was about that color and considered buying only to find out someone bought it the day before and was coming to pick it up while I was looking at it LOL I still think I got a better truck and I think Im more happy in this one but I paid more for it:eek:

Gregthespy
07-18-2010, 04:16 PM
Thanks guys,
It's funny you say that Brad, I looked everywhere online for that color and all I could find were red ones or black ones, Toyota of Hollywood surprised me because they actually had more than one in inventory. They had 4 of them, 2 being blue ones. I called them up to find out if the inventory was correct. I put a deposit down on one of the blue ones and by the time I got down there the other one was sold! The salesman said when they do get Tacomas in the X-Runner package they don't last more than a couple days.

Brad Klein
07-18-2010, 09:40 PM
kinda reminds me on how I looked but I didnt care what color I wanted a FX2 with leather and the 5.4 they only came in 4 colors. the dealership in town offered to order a new one but it would have been 5k more and no options plus I like the 08's better. the one I found in Georgia was a great deal and they drove it down if I didnt like it they took it back I got it for about 700 more then what they paid the manager said if I didnt buy it he was gonna leave it at the auction cause it was on the lot for 85 days the only reason I can see was its 2wd and has intake and exhaust so that may have scared people away. but you can see its been well taken care of and now I have good transportation again

SuperChicken89
07-20-2010, 10:04 PM
Nice truck Greg! I've seen a few of those on the road during my travels and never realized they were V6's. Good luck with it and hope to see it in the near future.

Bryan

INDANGERED_BIRD
07-21-2010, 10:30 PM
i like that kewl truck