any tips for putting motor back in... givin me troubles

92sclikenew

well when i set the motor in, in the earlier this year. it was simple with headers..

well me and a buddy tried to set it in there the other night.. i just couldn't get the drivers header to go around the steering shaft to get the other header on.. and at the same time couldn't get the bell housing matched up...

what a night i messed with it for almost 4 hours to give up tho it was dark and hard to see anything... my first time was very simple...

ANY TIPS GUYS

thanks!!!!!!!:D

I wouldn't even attempt dropping the motor with headers on. Take them off and install them later!

I wouldn't even attempt dropping the motor with headers on. Take them off and install them later!

thanks.. i would have just hated to have it all mated up and the headers not fit...

the first time i dropped it in with the headers was a cake walk.. this time.. is a different story...

i am assuming i will slip the headers up from the bottom?

Installing the engine with headers is far more difficult. But, if I were going to try that I would take the steering shaft loose maybe? From the rack....And yeah the only way there are getting in there with the engine in is from under neath....

Installing the engine with headers is far more difficult. But, if I were going to try that I would take the steering shaft loose maybe? From the rack....And yeah the only way there are getting in there with the engine in is from under neath....

ive done this a few times. its not hard. by far the way to go. you dont want to mess with the headers once its in. if you still have problems mounting the tranny, then pull it back, get the engine mounted and then install the tranny. and in the name of god i pray your using NEW motor mounts.

ive done this a few times. its not hard. by far the way to go. you dont want to mess with the headers once its in. if you still have problems mounting the tranny, then pull it back, get the engine mounted and then install the tranny. and in the name of god i pray your using NEW motor mounts.

he

motor mounts are modified to make them solid.. i did this a long time ago and its worked for quite some time..

if your interested in what i did i can find the thread i made with pics in it..

Back