differential carrier bushings

slowpoke

question for the big hp guys, what diff bushing do you guys suggest. not sure why but mine are destroyed so i need to get some new bushings.

question for the big hp guys, what diff bushing do you guys suggest. not sure why but mine are destroyed so i need to get some new bushings.

what kind of power are we talking?
rubber or solid. poly is crack and you will destroy them in no time.

-Corey

im making around 300wrhp. 5speed manual, and im hard on it. i drive it planning to do repairs. so what kind can take more of a beating?

im making around 300wrhp. 5speed manual, and im hard on it. i drive it planning to do repairs. so what kind can take more of a beating?

The 5-Speed cars have this problem. I would replace it with rubber ones. I have heard stories of the Poly not lasting very long. Im sure some 5sp guys can chime in. I think it was Damon that was cursing about this quite a while back....

Alright, then Poly is definitely out of the question. If you're really at that power (and actually, with a 5-spd anyways.) then you want to stay away from them. All the manual guys have the issue of causing them to tear apart. I mean heck, they lasted about two weeks in my auto. :rolleyes:

Rubber's will last awhile (or should) if you arent driving like an idiot. Most guys get away with running them (even the elites)

-Corey

I've had poly in mine for a couple years now without an issue. They were like new when I dropped the dif last week for the trans swap.

I use the Energy Suspension front bushings, and I race the car, without issues. However, I do have a poly rear mount as well.

If you put poly in a 5-speed car expect to change the passenger one regularly. Either go back to stock rubber ones or go solid. Look for a thread by ricardoa1, he installed a Cobra setup that was made out of aluminum.

If you put poly in a 5-speed car expect to change the passenger one regularly. Either go back to stock rubber ones or go solid. Look for a thread by ricardoa1, he installed a Cobra setup that was made out of aluminum.

funny you say that, its the passenger side thats destroyed. the driver side still looks usable.

Back