Did the KOEO test to see whats going on with my fans

275hptbirdsc

So today I found my code reader thing and hooked it up to run the test for the fans because lately I can tell they arent coming on when they should(or at all). Anyway I did the test and I can hear 2 or 3 clicks I think on for each speed and a pusher fan but the fans do not spin. I took the fan out and Im currently taking the motor and fan out just incase. Do all signs point toward a dead motor?

There are other relays tripped during that test. So the only way to know for sure is to jump 12v to the wires to run the fan and see if the fan comes on.

There are other relays tripped during that test. So the only way to know for sure is to jump 12v to the wires to run the fan and see if the fan comes on.

Ok so I went and hooked the fan straight up to a battery and got only one speed to work. If this is what the connector somewhat looks like l_l with the left being the ground I was able to only get the bottom working but when I ran my wire from the right it wouldnt come on. I would occasionally get a spark and I worked on it trying my best to get the wire in incase it wasnt in all the way. So what now?

I'm not sure which one is what in the plug. Maybe someone else can give you info on that. Otherwise I can see that the high speed fan wire is Brown with an orange stripe. It should be visible on the connector that went to the fan connector. the low speed is Dark Brown.

My guess is your low speed winding is dead. But I can't say as I don't get a connector view in my wiring diagrams and I've never tested that out myself.

I'm not sure which one is what in the plug. Maybe someone else can give you info on that. Otherwise I can see that the high speed fan wire is Brown with an orange stripe. It should be visible on the connector that went to the fan connector. the low speed is Dark Brown.

My guess is your low speed winding is dead. But I can't say as I don't get a connector view in my wiring diagrams and I've never tested that out myself.

Ok thanks for your help ill wait for someone else to chime in.

I've had problems with my fan within the last few weeks. I took the motor out to see what it would cost to get it rebuilt. Before taking it to the shop, I cleaned it really good & took an air hose & blew out all the dust. The electric shop told me there's nothing wrong with the fan. I found out blowing out all that carbon dust got the contacts to make good connection & now it works. Someone even suggested taking carb cleaner or electrical contact cleaner & spray it out really good, tho I would double check about spraying any kind of liquid cleaner straight into an electric motor.

Back