How many RED 1989 SC's were sold?

StahlMaster

I friend of mine has a 1989 SC Red in color. 5 speed manual. Moon roof. Leather. 58,000 miles. He is the original owner. Garage kept / covered.
Can you tell me how many RED 89's were produced and what the value of this car may be? He is looking to sell.

I haven't seen production numbers broken down in colors - just by year and trans.

As far as value, in my opinion - the car is only worth as much as someone is willing to pay. You may be able to get as much as 4-5 grand, but it would probably be from someone who was looking for that specific year, trans, and color combo. If the car is as clean as it sounds, I would think $3-3,500 or so may be a good place to start.

-Melon

i have 1 89 5 speed red and ill never part with it , its a rocket , i thought i read or someone told me where there was 500 made

thanks ralph

With 8,000+ 5-speeds made that year I don't think breaking it down by color really matters. I'm pretty sure there were probably a lot more than 500 out of the 8,000.
The value of your friend's car is in it's condition. The really clean low mileage owns seem to do very well, especially if there isn't mechanically anything that needs repaired. I agree with Melon's 4-5 grand estimate but I don't think I would start any lower than that unless time is an issue.

Right now, break-down by color is indeterminable. But, red was a popular color, so I imagine that a relatively high percentage of the year's production was red. Kevin Marti owns the Ford Lorain Assembly Plant production records for the MN12's, and is planning to offer his typical services once the database is created.

I'm in contact with him every 6 months to check on progress. As of earlier this month, not much had been done, and he asked that I check with him again toward the end of the year. When complete, perhaps we will be able to get better break-downs by color, options, etc. as with his Mustang reports.

As far as value is concerned, contact me via PM if you want to discuss his car further.

JD

Back