help with timing chain please

stangerbanger

im doing my cam and having trouble getting the timing chain off. when i put it on, it had a pin holding tension and i cant get it to compress so i can put a pin to hold tension. any suggestions?

john

im doing my cam and having trouble getting the timing chain off. when i put it on, it had a pin holding tension and i cant get it to compress so i can put a pin to hold tension. any suggestions?

john
You should be able to slide both gears off at the same time(chain and all).
If your tensioner is rreally worn it may be difficult...
:confused: if the tensioner is what you are talking about it needs to be removed from the motor and reset and carefully re installed.
You should have the blue book for that car it helped me..

paul

john

dont waste your time reusing the tensioner. its only like 25bucks at the local auto parts and mine also had it in stock...

i think the tensioner and warn chain is what started to caused the parts to fail on my recent issue..

if i really need to replace i will, it has about 2500 miles on it. just dont wanna break nothin.

Just get a new one. It is resetable, but just get a new one....If you do it wrong, tht V6 will look like the 331 you pulled from your family members car recently

Back