PCV and Crank Pressures?

After reading the installation instructions, it sounds like a high pressure check valve system, that is mainly designed to keep manifold pressure from entering the crankcase when under boost. Not reading where it would prevent the PCV valve oil mist from entering the intake plenum when the motor is being operated under vacuum.

David

After reading the installation instructions, it sounds like a high pressure check valve system, that is mainly designed to keep manifold pressure from entering the crankcase when under boost. Not reading where it would prevent the PCV valve oil mist from entering the intake plenum when the motor is being operated under vacuum.

David

Well there are two valves with the kit. A small one and a Bigger one. I am not sure our system can get re-routed so that the new valves can work as designed and be able to eliminate the stock valve, which is irreplaceble. For example delete the PCV and hose that goes to the inlet. And have the system re-routed from the intake tube to the engine, then the other tube into a pipe that sees boost. So under Vac both valves are open. But under boost there will be no crank pressure going into the combustion chamber.

Can the engine seals witstand the pressures at that point? Is the next question.

I looked into this just a few weeks ago. Something to maybe try in the future but no big hurry. It's big on Motorcycles, likely do to the long stroke of V-Twins and low RPM.

The device is a type of check valve that allows pressure to escape, but will hold a vacuum. As the cylinders move up and down in the crankcase, they alternately create vacuum and pressure. What this device does is pass pressure, and hold vacuum. Like a vacuum pump, the idea is this holds a vacuum in the crankcase to improve horsepower as the crank/rods/pistons then don't need to loose energy moving through air. Oil mist will also drop out into the oil since if there is a vacuum, there isn't any air there for the mist to stay contained in.

It also works to keep pressure out of the crankcase. Not a problem on our cars as our blower outlet doesn't have any fittings attached to the crankcase. A retrofit turbo that is ahead of the Throttle body would.

Not sure if you are just tyring to find a way to get around a stock PCV system or not use a PVC catch can?

I just took off my IC pipes and blower top and after 600 miles there is no oil anywhere since using the AMW PCV catch can. I accidentally left the can open over nite last week and found a nice little puddle of oil on the floor, so its doing its job well.

I just took off my IC pipes and blower top and after 600 miles there is no oil anywhere since using the AMW PCV catch can. I accidentally left the can open over nite last week and found a nice little puddle of oil on the floor, so its doing its job well.

I have almost no oil in the catch can after changing the PCV valve out as well.

Back