PDA

View Full Version : hood, and motor mount question

scxr7
07-22-2010, 09:23 PM
Hey, I need a large cowl hood for my 96 cougar. does anyone know where I can find one? a couple years ago I was able to find a website that made cowl hoods for 96-97 birds/cats but I can't seem to find that site anymore.

also, I dropped my new motor and tranny into my cougar tonight. the car is a 96, with a 93 s/c motor. to my understanding all 3.8 tbird/cougar motor mounts are the same. is this true? I ask because I can't get the drivers side mount to line up with my crossmember. the hole in the mount is about 1/4" ABOVE the hole in the k-member. I've checked it out thoroughly making sure I'm not hung up anywhere else. but the mount is bottomed out against the frame.. there's no possible way to get the mount to go any lower to match up with the holes.

Is it a cougar vs tbird thing? I guess i'll have to go back to the junk yard and get a drivers side bracket from the junk yard.

that's about it. thanks for any help

pearl95sc
07-29-2010, 03:29 AM
Maybe a possible difference in the K member between the years? Maybe the later years used a different motor mount design thus different holes?

As for the cowl hood.....good luck. The company, I think, don't hold me to it, but i think legendary, made the double raise cowl for the 96-97 and they went under, reopened under a different name, and went under again. Screwed people out of hoods and money in the process.

I wanted one real bad, but at the 749 price tag, plus crating and shipping, wasn't gunna happen, thats just retarted. The regular cowl for the 95 was 500, and 250 for a slight shape change. That kinda reason explains why the company went under.

nickleman60
07-29-2010, 05:38 AM
Here you go:

http://www.supercoupeperformance.com/partBrowser.aspx?category=72&page=2