PDA

View Full Version : Tuning in New England

MichealScott
07-23-2010, 11:23 AM
My car is in desperate need of a tune, i have looked around everywhere, cant find a place or people just say no. If anyone knows of a place or a person who can tune these cars around here please let me know i'm sick of not being able to drive a car i have put som much money into.

ricardoa1
07-23-2010, 11:29 AM
My car is in desperate need of a tune, i have looked around everywhere, cant find a place or people just say no. If anyone knows of a place or a person who can tune these cars around here please let me know i'm sick of not being able to drive a car i have put som much money into.

What tuning device do you own? Do you have a chip even?

MichealScott
07-25-2010, 07:42 PM
ya heres a link to my page: http://www.sccoa.com/member/index.php?uniquename=lacivita and it has a sct chip in it from dalke. I have an innovate lc-1 but i don't know how to put it on the car...

MichealScott
07-27-2010, 08:39 PM
hey where'd ya go lol

ricardoa1
07-28-2010, 10:57 AM
Been on vacation, Well you need a shop that has an SCT licence a shop guy that does it. There is only a few places here. I have the SCT Racers package but I cannot help you out unless we have the same computer year and stuff. I have the codes for C0S and T4J1. If you have one of those codes then I can help you out a little bit, with as much as I know. But you need to have the email tune Dave has you will need to give it to the shop or tuner that will be able to use and modify it. Via email or saving it on to a dongle or some kind of flash hardrive.

You will have to install the LC-1 to make things easier or you can just rely on the shop to put in their wideband at the tail tips.

If you had a quarter horse CHIP and Tunerware you will be better off, You can just keep sending Dave D the datalogs and he can tweek remotely.

MichealScott
07-28-2010, 01:21 PM
hmmmm i have a lot of good things about this quarter horse tune, is it tough to install? I can put a chip in the computer but i am completely lost no chance able to hook up the LC-1 tuner.

ricardoa1
07-28-2010, 03:56 PM
hmmmm i have a lot of good things about this quarter horse tune, is it tough to install? I can put a chip in the computer but i am completely lost no chance able to hook up the LC-1 tuner.

There are a few basics you have to get to know about the tuning eqipment.

The LC-1 is only a datalogging tool, so you can monitor Air to Fuel Ratio. You will need that with any other tuning device so when you make changes you can re-data log and see where your AFR is after the changes.

There are a few chips that you can save a tune to and run your car. But you need the software, to make changes and stuff.

Let me ask you the chip from Dalke, why does it not work with the car and the current mods that you have? And if its not working have you tried contacting him and telling him the issues with the vehicle? So he can maybe retune and resave a new tune on your chip. You will have to mail him the chip and wait for it to return. :(

But what mods do you have?

MichealScott
08-03-2010, 02:49 PM
heres a small list...

CNC Ported Heads - Oversized Valve seats and 1.94/1.60 valves
Port Matched Intake Manifold
Billet Custom Cam .610" lift
Roller Rockers: 1.73 Ratio
Chromoly Pushrods
New lifters
ARP Head Stud Kit
^^^^^ by: Super Coupes Unlimited
Milled .010 and Bored .030 block
Wiseco forged racing pistons with total seals
Ported Late Model Blower w/ Coated Rotors
Magnum Powers Inlet Plenum
Custom Frount Mount IC - 2.75" (by CMac'sAlot)
Custom 3/4" SC Raised Top (Wynne)
10% OD Jackshaft Pulley
10% OD Crank Pulley
5% OD Blower Pulley
SCP Polished Aluminum Underdrives
Felpro Gaskets
New Solid Rubber Motor Mounts
A/C Deleted
Magnum Powers 3.5" Air Intake
Magnum Powers cold air divider
75mm Professional Prodcucts TB
C&L 76mm Mass Air
60# Siemens Injectors
Taylor ThunderVolt 8.2 Spark Plug Wires
Walbro 255 lph Fuel Pump
9" MAC Air Filter
Removed Air Silencer
Ported Exhaust Manifolds
One Piece True Dual Exhaust 2.5" All the way
Magnaflow High Flow Cats and Magnaflow Tips
Late Model Gas Tank

SPEC III Clutch
B&M Ripper Shifter

17X7.5 Chrome Cobra Rims
Clear Corners
20% Full Tint

Ira R.
08-03-2010, 02:56 PM
You said it has a chip in it already from Mr Dalke? That should make it pretty safe to drive I would think. Are you concerned it isn't or are you looking to get a performance tune?

Ira

MichealScott
08-05-2010, 11:53 AM
deffinately looking for a performance tune..

also has some issues, randomly stalls when i'm in first gear sometime after driving for a little bit, also sometimes decides not to accelerate when i push the pedal hard. Thought maybe these issues had something to do with the lack of a tune

ricardoa1
08-05-2010, 12:09 PM
You have to hook up the LC-1 and tell us what the ARF is doing.
What computer code do you have?

MichealScott
08-05-2010, 04:19 PM
trust me if i knew how to hook up the lc1 it woulda been on the car a year ago...

ricardoa1
08-05-2010, 04:26 PM
You first need to swing by Lous custom exhaust or the like and have them weld you up a BUng for the O2 sensor. The rest is just wiring it up. I could invite you over to help you install it. But you need to pick out how you are going to bring it into the cabin. What grommet will you sacrifice to bring it in. Once we know you AFR then we can say its tune related and if you need a performance tune or not.

Eventually the Quarter Horse will be needed for you to make the adjustment or maybe Dalke can reburn your tune once you have some feedback from the engine.

Looks like you dont have a COS computer being a 89 manual, So I cannot help you in the reburning dept. I only have codes for a 90 auto computer and a 94 manual computer.

A local SCT dealer might be able to help but sounds costly going that route. Might as well go QH for that.

MichealScott
08-09-2010, 11:16 PM
well the bung is already welded in there so thats good and dalke told me when i got the lc-1 and chip he would help me out with the tuning. Unfortunately even though he said it was an easy hookup, i haven't the slightest clue on where to even start with the wiring...

ricardoa1
08-10-2010, 01:42 PM
You are half way there. :)

Did the LC1 come with instructions? I think you will need ignition positive, a ground and a battery +. All which can be found under the column you must pull the knee panel cover and the steering column shileds to expose wires.

Then you will use vampire connectors for it.