PDA

View Full Version : ShootOut for Newbies

shoalcracker
07-23-2010, 03:03 PM
Thick as a brick clarification required. Timewaster for some but hope us 1st time attenders get something out of this exercise.

I have two cars.

1) bone stock auto that could probably be capable of 15.8 Never touched
2) semi stock 5 spd. Probably a 14.8 car Has seen bolt ons with no adverse effects

Street experience - NO track

Presumption 1

8 classes- Winners of each class go to knockout round- Overall Shootout Champion based on a bracket configuration Final.

Yea or Nay?

Presumption 2

Stock- try to get all over 14.5xx all day
SS- try to get all over 13.9xx all day
Bracket- Flog your number all day with solid reaction times, get in front make it close and beat em by a bumper

OK so far?

Option 1- the 15.8 car runs bracket and risks breaking something- not capable of much else within the above classes

Option 2- 5 spd runs bracket and hope the old bones can react consistantly

Option 3- Put some go fast back on to move down to 14.0 Stay in stock and let the heat keep the 14.5xx do able

Option 4- Can the 5 spd run in both Bracket and Stock?

Your patience and input is appreciated.

BLOWN38
07-23-2010, 04:54 PM
#1 Yeah

#2 try to run the number and not faster without sandbagging/lifting in each class with good reaction times. If you wanna lift go for bracket.

If your car is at the top of a heads up index you may be better off in the bracket class. Unless you think you can win with reaction time. The shootout is meant to be a heads up run what ya brung event... talk the talk walk the walk, layeth the smack down on someone with more mods kinda thing.:cool:

Most of all just get your butt there! You will have fun!;)

shoalcracker
07-23-2010, 05:27 PM
I'm booked and looking forward to it.

Don't mind the letters on my back in lower case, just not Bright Red "NEWBIE"

Dirtyd0g
07-23-2010, 10:25 PM
In stock trim you can run these cars all day long and never break anything. Mine has a it's fair share of passes on it.
Alan