PDA

View Full Version : It just dawned on me

XxSlowpokexX
07-23-2010, 06:37 PM
That I totally told myself I wouldnt be modifying the teal car when I bought it. When was it that I forgot I said that to myself. Where did I go wrong....

ricardoa1
07-23-2010, 06:52 PM
Yeah i say that to all the cars I end up getting and a few years later well////// I just stop fooling myself from now on.

Whats going on with the Teal car. Are the heads on?

neverfastenough
07-23-2010, 07:22 PM
When my car blew up, I told myself I was going to throw bearings and rings with a quick hone on my spare engine. Yea, i built a turbo setup and engine. Wasnt one of my best ideas.

XxSlowpokexX
07-23-2010, 08:46 PM
Heads on, got my pushrods...Trying to find time to install the pushrods and the rest of the crud. ALso ordered a lil over 200$ worth of ARP stuff that hasnt all come in yet. Hopefully the head issue was an issue with the way it ran....If not Ive ruled out an enginel issue at the very least. May upgrade fuel pump regardless just in case...We shall seeee

Oh Ill be in the boston area the whole of teh first week in August for some additional Infra Red training. Same place we met up 5 years ago when you had the cobra...YA down for some HOOTERS!

And the turbo setup was a great idea!

ricardoa1
07-23-2010, 10:11 PM
Heads on, got my pushrods...Trying to find time to install the pushrods and the rest of the crud. ALso ordered a lil over 200$ worth of ARP stuff that hasnt all come in yet. Hopefully the head issue was an issue with the way it ran....If not Ive ruled out an enginel issue at the very least. May upgrade fuel pump regardless just in case...We shall seeee

Oh Ill be in the boston area the whole of teh first week in August for some additional Infra Red training. Same place we met up 5 years ago when you had the cobra...YA down for some HOOTERS!

And the turbo setup was a great idea!

yeah no problem.

Wardboy
07-27-2010, 12:02 PM
That I totally told myself I wouldnt be modifying the teal car when I bought it. When was it that I forgot I said that to myself. Where did I go wrong....

Six years ago, I remember saying the same exact thing about the same exact colored car!!! :rolleyes: At least it still LOOKS stock though! I got a good chuckle this weekend when I pulled in at our clubs latest car show and parked next to some kid with a '00 Taurus. He said he was glad someone with a "stock" car parked next to him and not one of them there tricked out muscle cars. Lol...then I opened the hood!!! :D

XxSlowpokexX
07-27-2010, 05:05 PM
I actually just put the pushrods and rockers in yesterday. With the small shim I was too tight and with the thicker shim I was on the looser side but still within range. This is with my 7.2" pushrods. I went a lil crazy with the ARP bolts and even got them for my valvecovers. Currently looking for an ingenious place to mount my Meth pump..And then whjen its all together...Hope it runs right..Which it wont being I really havent solved my problem.

David Neibert
07-27-2010, 05:19 PM
I actually just put the pushrods and rockers in yesterday. With the small shim I was too tight and with the thicker shim I was on the looser side but still within range. This is with my 7.2" pushrods. I went a lil crazy with the ARP bolts and even got them for my valvecovers. Currently looking for an ingenious place to mount my Meth pump..And then whjen its all together...Hope it runs right..Which it wont being I really havent solved my problem.

Damon,

Hurry up and get it fixed, the Shootout will be here before you know it.

David

ThunderDave
07-27-2010, 06:24 PM
Damon, here is the test. How many cars have you had that you didn't modify??? :rolleyes:

XxSlowpokexX
07-28-2010, 12:01 AM
Damon, here is the test. How many cars have you had that you didn't modify??? :rolleyes:

I had a 1990 4cy Izuz trooper with an electric fan, MSD, Cam an dfull lenght header and custom flowmaster exhaust....That answer ya question lol oH and a dual friction clutch!

Dave N...Works been killing me. Its the busy season. But I believe next weekend I get it buttoned up. I just hope it runs good. I cant see my isue being fuel as some mentioned and the crack in the head may mean nothing issue wise as well....But maybe a computer or electrical issue...Whatever it is one I have this back together I'll at least know it isnt engine .

DaveW...I see a caravan perhaps...Well see!

Wardboy
07-28-2010, 10:11 PM
I went a lil crazy with the ARP bolts and even got them for my valvecovers.

Part of me got a good laugh at that; another part wants to know what the ARP part numbers are!!

XxSlowpokexX
07-29-2010, 12:35 AM
I have another $200 worth of crazy I need...But I can do them afterfact!

ricardoa1
07-29-2010, 10:46 AM
When will you arrive to Boston?

XxSlowpokexX
07-29-2010, 01:56 PM
Rico,

I havent gotten my hotel arrangements completed but Ill probably be staying at the Holiday in at Tewksbury on Sunday. It sa 5 hour trip from my lakehouse house in PA so chances are ill be shot on Sunday. When are you around?

ricardoa1
07-29-2010, 02:05 PM
Weekends are better. Ive been getting out very late after work.

XxSlowpokexX
08-01-2010, 10:01 PM
Ill see what can happen. My classes are out at 5..But looks like Ill be leaving Friday