PDA

View Full Version : BE Definition Updates

fturner
07-23-2010, 10:40 PM
Here are the links to download the latest definition files for the latest version of BE that was recently released which is Version 2010 Build 18.

These will NOT work with earlier versions of BE.

THE LINKS BELOW NO LONGER WORK.... PLEASE PM ME YOUR EMAIL AND I'LL EMAILTHE LATEST TO YOU.
GURE (http://sctuning.net/downloads/gure.zip)
GSALC (http://sctuning.net/downloads/gsalc.zip)
GSALI (http://sctuning.net/downloads/gsali.zip)
CZAW0 (http://sctuning.net/downloads/czaw0.zip)

I recommend everyone to upgrade to this new revision 23. Fixed a few items and hopefully removed some of the error dialogs some have been seeing lately.

Fraser

Hock
07-24-2010, 01:43 AM
Thanks Fraser.

IkeyM
07-24-2010, 07:17 AM
Where do you get the QH v1.6 update?

DrFishbone
07-24-2010, 08:09 AM
Thanks Fraser!:cool:

fturner
07-24-2010, 08:42 AM
Where do you get the QH v1.6 update?

You'll need to go to Moates website and RMA your QH back to them. They have a quick turn around.

Fraser

Mike8675309
07-24-2010, 11:53 AM
I assume these updates are for the BE2010 Builds beyond Build 8? I believe the current build is 14.

fturner
07-28-2010, 12:30 PM
At this point in time I would highly recommend to everyone to not do updates to BE. I have decided that I will be getting out of doing tuning as well as maintaining the def files for various reasons.

I'll probably be handing over the def files to Dave Dalke and he can decide what he wants to do with them from there.

Its been a slice....

Fraser

rzimmerl
07-28-2010, 12:45 PM
At this point in time I would highly recommend to everyone to not do updates to BE. I have decided that I will be getting out of doing tuning as well as maintaining the def files for various reasons.

I'll probably be handing over the def files to Dave Dalke and he can decide what he wants to do with them from there.

Its been a slice....

Fraser

Thanks for the hard work and dedicaiton you have put into getting this system up and running for us.

Mike8675309
07-28-2010, 12:58 PM

Its been a slice....

Fraser

:-( I could take over for you if you want. I'll even return funds to you.

but still unknown, what versions of BE are the updates above good for? The lack of your communication has been somewhat depressing.

fturner
07-28-2010, 01:12 PM
BE Build 14

decipha
07-28-2010, 06:05 PM
Fraser,

I'm sorry to hear about you pulling out the tuning business, I'm sure you have your own personal reasons and I can fully understand. If Dalke doesn't want to be burdened with the defs I'll be more than happy to, I'm not looking to make any money off of them so if you prefer I'll maintain and update them keeping you as the owner and registrar. If it's ok with you and Dalke, I'd like to add a bunch of comments to things to make it easier for people to understand exactly what each function does as well as fix any bugs that may arise. I'm just getting in to disassembly but thanks to you the majority of it is done, If you want to discuss this matter further don't hesitate to contact me via telephone. I hope things work out for the best with you and yours.

Michael Ponthieux

Kurt K
07-28-2010, 07:15 PM
Ugh, the current version available on eecanalyzer is build 15. Anybody have build 14 that they can send me?

DrFishbone
07-28-2010, 07:31 PM
Ugh, the current version available on eecanalyzer is build 15. Anybody have build 14 that they can send me?

I need it too. :o

Kurt K
07-28-2010, 07:38 PM
I need it too. :o
I've done a bit of reading and apparently I've got other issues....currently running BE2009, build 39. At a minimum, it looks like I need to do some licensing stuff too.

Mike8675309
07-28-2010, 09:06 PM
it is a bummer... I know I could easily continue the binary hunting Frasier has done to help the community, as I know DD is really awful busy. But then, we all need to focus on what we need to focus on, so I can understand.

decipha
07-28-2010, 10:41 PM
im running build 15 with no issues using these files

clint updated to 15 because there was some datalogging issues going on, he didn't change the cry logic though so it should function just the same

decipha
07-28-2010, 10:43 PM
I've done a bit of reading and apparently I've got other issues....currently running BE2009, build 39. At a minimum, it looks like I need to do some licensing stuff too.

Kurt, where you been?? there's been 3 full version releases since then :eek:

BLOWN38
07-28-2010, 11:09 PM
I got the same thing Kurt has and mine works pretty well. Not gonna mess with it. Only thing I wanted was to have the option to lock trans in 3rd for a dyno run.

Kurt K
07-28-2010, 11:28 PM
Kurt, where you been?? there's been 3 full version releases since then :eek:
Well, I bought it before the Shootout last year, but still haven't got it in the car:rolleyes:

90blkbrd
07-29-2010, 08:41 AM
Well, I bought it before the Shootout last year, but still haven't got it in the car:rolleyes:

Clint should give you an upgrade to BE2010 if your purchase of BE2009 is less than a year old.

Please note that you will need to redo the whole registration process and get new keys from Clint and Fraser. BE2009 needs to be uninstalled and BE2010 will need to be installed and information entered into the registration screen to get the machine code needed to send to them.

I would get confirmation from Clint and Fraser before attempting this upgrade.

Mike8675309
09-25-2010, 01:22 PM
I noticed the links above don't work anymore. I believe you can contact Dave Dalke (XR7 Dave) via e-mail if you need these.

rzimmerl
09-25-2010, 01:27 PM
Yes, but what we I have come to find out is that they are updated to BE2010 Build 17, not Build 18 (current version of BE available) which I believe is causing mine not to work.

Mike8675309
09-25-2010, 07:08 PM
Yes, but what we I have come to find out is that they are updated to BE2010 Build 17, not Build 18 (current version of BE available) which I believe is causing mine not to work.

If the ones you downloaded from here do not work with the version of BE you have, you should contact Dave Dalke for an updated .CRY file for your strategy.

My process for binary editor updates has always been.

First, create a copy of the Binary Editor Program folder on my computer.
Apply the update.
Attempt to open my strategy. If it fails, contact the creator of the strategy for an update. In the mean time I put back the original folder so I can continue with the older version.

rzimmerl
09-25-2010, 07:26 PM
It is from Dave, I got it 2 days ago.

fturner
09-25-2010, 07:29 PM
There was an update with build 17 that broke previous cry files and required all strat file owners using the cry files to regenerate and reencrypt the files. The last version I had posted up here worked with 17, and continues to work in 18... I was just using GURE.cry on my car at the track today with build 18.

Dave is double checking he has the current files, and if not I will send him the files I have that do work.

The links I posted stopped working because I no longer can afford the DNS name.

Fraser

fturner
11-07-2010, 08:41 PM
New update to revision 23 for all definitions.... please download if you are running BE2010 Build 18.

Fraser

rzimmerl
11-07-2010, 11:01 PM
Thanks for keeping up Fraser.

SCrazy
11-10-2010, 08:45 AM
New update to revision 23 for all definitions.... please download if you are running BE2010 Build 18.

Fraser

Where do we get them from??

Sorry....I should have looked back at this thread to the beginning....Found it!!

talonhead
11-10-2010, 08:48 PM
hope things work out. Good luck.
MikeH

David Neibert
11-10-2010, 09:06 PM
Here are the links to download the latest definition files for the latest version of BE that was recently released which is Version 2010 Build 18.

These will NOT work with earlier versions of BE.

GURE (http://sctuning.net/downloads/gure.zip)
GSALC (http://sctuning.net/downloads/gsalc.zip)
GSALI (http://sctuning.net/downloads/gsali.zip)
CZAW0 (http://sctuning.net/downloads/czaw0.zip)

I recommend everyone to upgrade to this new revision 23. Fixed a few items and hopefully removed some of the error dialogs some have been seeing lately.

Fraser

Fraser,

How do I know what version of BE I've got ? I just got the GSALI file from Dave and did all the registration stuff a couple weeks ago.

David

fturner
11-10-2010, 09:19 PM
Fraser,

How do I know what version of BE I've got ? I just got the GSALI file from Dave and did all the registration stuff a couple weeks ago.

David

Go under the help menu in BE and click on about.. it'll show you what version you have.

The definitions I just updated are the ones I just compiled a couple of days ago. I would recommend backing up the file you have now and then extract the new one.

Fraser

BLOWN38
11-10-2010, 09:23 PM
David go to the info button in BE obove where the pointer is in the pic then clip rev info. Fraser beat me to it.

David Neibert
11-16-2010, 02:01 PM
Will downloading the updated def file require re-registering or have any other impact on the tune or settings in BE ?

David

fturner
11-16-2010, 05:31 PM
Will downloading the updated def file require re-registering or have any other impact on the tune or settings in BE ?

David

Nope, just backup the file you have, and copy in the new one and you're good to go.

Fraser

David Neibert
11-17-2010, 12:11 AM
Nope, just backup the file you have, and copy in the new one and you're good to go.

Fraser

Okay, thanks.

David

decipha
11-17-2010, 01:57 AM
aww chit david's at the control's.... look out world

:p

David Neibert
11-22-2010, 08:42 PM
I don't know if I did it right, but I downloaded the new file and saved it in the DEF folder of BE. Weird thing was I didn't see the old def file in that folder.

David

XR7 Dave
11-22-2010, 09:15 PM
I don't know if I did it right, but I downloaded the new file and saved it in the DEF folder of BE. Weird thing was I didn't see the old def file in that folder.

David

That's because it wasn't there. I generally put the def file where the tune file is.

David Neibert
11-22-2010, 11:28 PM
That's because it wasn't there. I generally put the def file where the tune file is.

Then how does BE know which file to use ?

David

BLOWN38
11-22-2010, 11:40 PM
Then how does BE know which file to use ?

David

You have to tell BE what definition you want to use. Go to the open box(upper left corner) and open stategy then find the one you just downloaded, then you may have to reregister thru Fraser.

David Neibert
11-23-2010, 02:23 PM
You have to tell BE what definition you want to use. Go to the open box(upper left corner) and open stategy then find the one you just downloaded, then you may have to reregister thru Fraser.

Thanks Chris...I'll eventually get it figured out. According to this post, I shouldn't need to re-register the updated def file.

http://www.sccoa.com/forums/showpost.php?p=917086&postcount=34

I just got this BE stuff all set up and don't know how to do much of anything yet, except datalog. It sounds real simple to download the updated def files, but it's not that easy if you don't know what your doing. I'm actually afraid to plug the laptop back into the QH chip for fear it will screw something up.

Wish we had a BE for dummys manual showing how to do the basic stuff, similar to the "BE Getting Started" document I downloaded from BE's site.

Step by step instructions with screen shots for things like this would be very helpful for guys like me.

How to update the def files
How to import an updated tune received by email
How to email and post a datalog
How to save changes to the tune
How to restore a previous tune if the changes screwed it up.

David

Hock
02-02-2011, 12:56 PM
Fraser,

After talking with DD I decided to go ahead and up date my BE to Build 18 and DEF files but the links on the first page are not working for the DEF files. Can you email me the updates for GSALI. I can PM you my email if you no longer have it. Thanks.

fturner
02-02-2011, 01:22 PM
Better pm me your addy. I had to pull down the site because I couldn't afford the hosting fee's anymore... out of work right now :o.

Fraser

Hock
02-03-2011, 10:55 PM
Did you get my pm?