76mm C&L Tube?

madebyme

Before you yell, I did use the search function and I think I'm more confused now... I have a 95 and I got a good deal on a 76mm C&L from a Mustang with a Purple tube. In referencing the C&L site the chart says 36-38lb Injectors (89-93) Orange Tube (097). But again, I have a 95 so I'm not sure which tube I should be looking for to match the stock injectors. Would the orange tube be the one? And if I were to run the purple tube would there be any harm in that? I would think it would run a bit rich. Last question, any reason why doesn't C&L list the 94-95's?

You can use the purple tube if you want, but I would HIGHLY recommend at least a chip and base tune to correct the MAF etc. What people forget to tell you is not only does it "modify" the fueling of the car to compensate for injectors, it changes other values that will throw off the spark for the car, especially on a 94/95 setup that uses these "values" at WOT.

Contact XR7Dave for a chip if you want it done right.

Fraser

You can use the purple tube if you want, but I would HIGHLY recommend at least a chip and base tune to correct the MAF etc. What people forget to tell you is not only does it "modify" the fueling of the car to compensate for injectors, it changes other values that will throw off the spark for the car, especially on a 94/95 setup that uses these "values" at WOT.

Contact XR7Dave for a chip if you want it done right.

Fraser

all to true. my 76 has purple. when i first put it in it wouldnt idle for anything. did the first base tune and never looked back. i was a lil out of my element and a lil scared when it came to tuning. turned out being the best thing for this car and i wish i would have done it sooner.

C&L doesn't list the 95's because they require tuning with any of their meters. I suggest that you do not use the meter. Put it on the shelf and keep it for when you actually need it (like when you get bigger injectors or more boost).

Well I hooked it up...

C&L doesn't list the 95's because they require tuning with any of their meters. I suggest that you do not use the meter. Put it on the shelf and keep it for when you actually need it (like when you get bigger injectors or more boost).

Since I bought it on ebay I like to test everything I purchase so I can give good feedback. Okay so I'm lying, after all it's a round tube with a hole in it. The guy I bought it from had it on a '86-'93 mustang and said it was for 30# injectors so according to the chart I assumed it was a purple tube. When I got it, the tube had no paint designation on it and the tapered end of the tube was facing towards the inlet (is that correct?). I did some searching on the interent and I saw pictures of them going both ways... Anyway, I hooked it up, cleared the memory and fired her up. Ran perfect. I assume that's because the computer adjusted for the change. I plan on larger injectors, exhaust mods and tuning in the near future.

Since I bought it on ebay I like to test everything I purchase so I can give good feedback. Okay so I'm lying, after all it's a round tube with a hole in it. The guy I bought it from had it on a '86-'93 mustang and said it was for 30# injectors so according to the chart I assumed it was a purple tube. When I got it, the tube had no paint designation on it and the tapered end of the tube was facing towards the inlet (is that correct?). I did some searching on the interent and I saw pictures of them going both ways... Anyway, I hooked it up, cleared the memory and fired her up. Ran perfect. I assume that's because the computer adjusted for the change. I plan on larger injectors, exhaust mods and tuning in the near future.

By the way, I didn't think the tapered end should be towards the inlet so I flipped it and the car ran great. Just for giggles, I flipped the inlet as it was shipped (tapered end facing forward) and the car started but died after a few moments. Flipped it back and it runs great. I also regapped my plugs (it needed it) to .052 and noticed a measurable differance.

Back