Code 66 & 15

BirdofPrey97

So, put a used DIS in and what a world of difference, but still have 2 codes with the engine "O"ff. 66 which is a MAF, but I have 2 mafs and get this code no matter which of the 2 I use. Have a third in the outside garage, but it's raining cats and dogs out, so thats going to have to wait.

What really has me stumped is a code 15. Which means Read only test failed. What can I do to correct this?

Using a Rotunda Star for my code reading.

Star tester?

I'd trust an $8 volt meter and a paperclip before I'd trust another Star.

Get another opinion and then start cleaning/replacing grounds - ask if you don't know the usual culprits.

This STAR has ran for 20 plus years and not given a false reading.

Grounds are clean and connected. Appreciate the "opinion".

This STAR has ran for 20 plus years and not given a false reading.

Grounds are clean and connected. Appreciate the "opinion".

And a check with another device given the results is just common sense. Do the right thing. should be trivial to do.

And sorry if I missed it, but did you check the fuse for the keep-alive circuit?

Last edited:
code 15

I got a code 15 after I put a chip in my car, its nothing to worry about. I ask about that before and everyone said no biggy.

Tom

And a check with another device given the results is just common sense. Do the right thing. should be trivial to do.

And sorry if I missed it, but did you check the fuse for the keep-alive circuit?

Keep alive circuit? Do you mean the 5 amp fuse for the Memory? Yes, it was checked and yes, it is good. I cleaned up and took a break from the car and went back and plugged in the new MAF and everything is fine. Code 15 is still there, but all is good in the world. Car is running great and I even got the power steering pump to stop growling, but I might need to rebuild my snout for the SC. Anyhow, it will last for the next 18 days I have to drive the car.

It can get fixed when the Alum diff, new trans, DFX clutch and rear main get put in this winter.

Now, if I could figure out why my head light dimmer stopped working and the auto dim for the rear view stopped working.?.? Always something, that's why I love this car.

Thanks for the help guys!

Back