PDA

View Full Version : Brickyard 400

nickleman60
07-25-2010, 03:33 PM
I'm sitting here watching the race and can't help but notice that the stands are only about 1/3rd full, that's pitiful. Nascar has been taking a downward spiral since that worthless geek Brian France took over. He's taking what it took his Grand Dad and Dad 50 years to build up and running it into the ground. They'd better start making some changes or they'll be gone real soon.

92sclikenew
07-25-2010, 05:01 PM
I'm sitting here watching the race and can't help but notice that the stands are only about 1/3rd full, that's pitiful. Nascar has been taking a downward spiral since that worthless geek Brian France took over. He's taking what it took his Grand Dad and Dad 50 years to build up and running it into the ground. They'd better start making some changes or they'll be gone real soon.

i never unstood why people liked watching cars go round and round... now when the noobs get out there at the local round track its fun because they always bang each other up..

the-big-e
07-25-2010, 06:10 PM
Let them trade more sheet metal.....

It should be a full contact sport.....

Now a days, if there is just a little contact between cars, they become non-competitive.....:eek:

Flip
07-25-2010, 08:46 PM
Maybe the tickets should be less than $80 ea.

VicRattlehead
07-25-2010, 09:24 PM
Maybe the tickets should be less than $80 ea.

$80? where are they $80? here is more then that.

warpedsc
07-25-2010, 10:11 PM
let carl and brad have at it more plus throw brads dad in the mix. when the start allowing things go like they use they will fill the seats. never seen senior getting put on probation when he dump someone and amitted to it. them letting donnie, bobby allison and Yarborough fight it out in 79. they realling need to embrass what they say of let the boys have at it

frdlvr30
07-25-2010, 11:35 PM
Other than the overpriced tickets, which I think is crazy as well. I think the other problem is that is has become way too mainstream. It is on constantly. When they are not racing they are talking about racing. Now they even have those silly game shows on speed about Nascar Trivia. People get tired of everything. If you throw it in their face daily, things are going to decline. When I was into it you watched a little prerace stuff, watched the race and that was it. Other than a few highlights you may or may not see during the week, that was all you got till the following weekend. It left you looking forward to the next weekend. When they brought out the COT I knew that they were going to start going downhill. Diehard Chevy, Ford, Mopar fans are not going to stay faithful to sheetmetal and chassis' that are all identical. It took them a few years to realize that one....

Lethal-Venom
07-26-2010, 12:17 AM

ThunderDave
07-26-2010, 06:57 AM
The commentators brought up the subject of the nearly empty stands, but said they weren't going to comment on it any further. Kinda sounded like they didn't want to fill out their own pink slips.

the-big-e
07-26-2010, 08:57 AM
Stock car racing way back in the beginning was just that...

A STOCK car that could be bought off a dealer and run at the track.....

Whats stock about them now.....:confused:

Carburetor vs. fuel injection, RWD vs FWD or AWD, no ABS, no OHV train, etc.....

The only thing stock about these cars are the hood, roof, and trunk lid....

Flip
07-26-2010, 09:44 AM
Real Stock Car racing the way Nascar should be watch a V8supercar series.

Your right I watch the V8supercar series all the time when it's on, great racing.

frdlvr30
07-26-2010, 10:22 AM
Your right I watch the V8supercar series all the time when it's on, great racing.

So do I. It is an awesome series....But no GM or Mopar in it....

Mike Puckett
07-26-2010, 12:56 PM
Ever since Nascar went generic on body styles and it became solely a race of personalities instead of cars I lost interest. It also appears that Chev is favored make. Plus they seem to be mired in 1950's technology. I haven't watched a race in years and I used to love Nascar. Now I'd rather watch IRL races or sports car racing instead.

XR7Kurt
07-26-2010, 02:26 PM
I surfed around during a commercial and found the Continental Tire race series on speed. They had two classes running, one with Mustangs, camaros, G8s, porsches and bmws and the other with smaller cars. I ended up watching that and only watched the brickyard on commercials.

First thing I would do in Nascar would be cut the field in half, the bottom half doesn't do anything for racing except cause more cautions.

Next would be to restore some semblance of "stock car" by requiring the cars to be the exact exterior dimensions of a stock car currently being manufactured. I was happy the wing went away but then came the side spoiler, what the?

I also have zero interest in seeing a toyota race.

I think everything I don't like about nascar was summed up when they censored what the drivers could say on their radios because people were listening.

frdlvr30
07-26-2010, 02:40 PM
I surfed around during a commercial and found the Continental Tire race series on speed. They had two classes running, one with Mustangs, camaros, G8s, porsches and bmws and the other with smaller cars. I ended up watching that and only watched the brickyard on commercials.

First thing I would do in Nascar would be cut the field in half, the bottom half doesn't do anything for racing except cause more cautions.

Next would be to restore some semblance of "stock car" by requiring the cars to be the exact exterior dimensions of a stock car currently being manufactured. I was happy the wing went away but then came the side spoiler, what the?

I also have zero interest in seeing a toyota race.

I think everything I don't like about nascar was summed up when they censored what the drivers could say on their radios because people were listening.

I totally agree with all of this....Especially your last statements. And I was a diehard fan 10 years ago as well. How much of a fan am I now? I didnt even know they ran the Brickyard yesterday...Would not have watched if I did though.

Lethal-Venom
07-26-2010, 07:45 PM

VicRattlehead
07-26-2010, 09:43 PM
just found out ill be attending next year. going there instead of the chicagoland race thats 15 min from my house.

frdlvr30
07-26-2010, 09:46 PM
'Holden' is GM and the 'Falcon' is Ford they was going to let the 300c race but #1 rule of series The car used has to be built down under. The Pontiac GTO was a rebodied Holden along with the G8...

Did not know that was a GM....makes more sense now. I know the rivalry between them is huge down there....