Getting back into the SC game. (Now with pictures)

moore89

Its been a really long time since I've actively been on the boards here, but now I'm back. And I'm finally getting my SC's road worthy again. I'm really excited. Soon my 91 SC auto will have some new unexpected performance parts (including a 5-speed swap), and my 35th anny. will get life breathed back into it after sitting in the garage for a long four years. What started this, was a rough looking 89 5-speed I purchased for a parts car/5-speed swap donor. Well the person I bought it from really had no idea what is was, or what it had on it. He just wanted it gone and out of the space he needed. It has a whole slew of aftermarket performance goodies on it, that never even got broken in, before the car sat for a couple years. It has a ZR Motorsports intake, raised top (not the welded together one ether) it looks like it was one cast, an s-port blower that looks like it was never even run (with what looks like a 10% o/d pulley), 70mm BBK TB, 76mm C&L maf, 48lb hr injectors (also came with two more sets in bags in the trunk, a set of stockers, and a set I don't recognize), a 255gph fuel pump, 3.55 gears, and a B&M ripper shifter. Unfortunately it still has the sock intercooler, just with a fan (I think I'll need to get a double ic or set up a fmic before running the 10% pulley). While digging around inside I found some sccoa paraphernalia, a couple stickers, and a brass colored, credit card sized name plate that has the club info, but is missing a member name on it (most likely the person who put all the parts on it too). If the interior wasn't so destroyed I'd consider saving it. But as it sits it'll bring my 91 back to running condition, and will provide the sheet metal and radiator support to resurrect my 35th anny. Looking forward to driving them again, (driving the Accord just isn't the same). Once I start tearing into the cars, I'll post up some pictures of all the goodies I found, and have yet to find in the car.

Last edited:
Welcome back
Glad to be back.

sounds like a heck of a find and good way to get your feet wet again....Dan
Congrats on scoring such a good donor car.
David
I was really lucky to find this, and when I realized what all was on it I was really fast to pick it up. :)

are you selling any parts off the donor car?
I don't know if I will yet, it all depends on whats left after I pick it clean. Most of parts off of it, will go on my two SC's.

Took an hour and pulled some parts off the car today, I was wrong about the maf and injectors. The sensor is a 73mm C&L with the red tube, and I'm not quite sure what the injectors are now (They don't appear to have a color on them to identify). I need to pull them out to take a better look at I guess. I have a few pictures of some of it (sorry about the low quality of the pictures, they were taken with a phone).

Attachments

• Image043.jpg
    Image043.jpg
    136.2 KB · Views: 130
  • Image044.jpg
    Image044.jpg
    32.4 KB · Views: 128
  • Image084.jpg
    Image084.jpg
    144.6 KB · Views: 130
  • Image063a.jpg
    Image063a.jpg
    67.8 KB · Views: 123
  • Image073.jpg
    Image073.jpg
    72.2 KB · Views: 129
A few more. There is a B&M ripper shifter under there, I'm not sure about the Kenny Brown Suspension though. I haven't pulled any of it out yet, but the car does look a little lower than a regular SC. And the last two are of my 91 and the 35th anny. that the parts car will be donating its organs to.

Attachments

• Image064a.jpg
    Image064a.jpg
    84.4 KB · Views: 132
  • Image002a.jpg
    Image002a.jpg
    38.6 KB · Views: 123
  • Image075.jpg
    Image075.jpg
    59.7 KB · Views: 127
  • Image079.jpg
    Image079.jpg
    113.3 KB · Views: 131
  • Image078b.JPG
    Image078b.JPG
    178.3 KB · Views: 127
Last edited:
nice, got any pics of the wheels from the side???

do you know what wheels are on it?

thanks

i like that look on the bird

nice, got any pics of the wheels from the side???

do you know what wheels are on it?

thanks

i like that look on the bird

The black ones aren't the parts cars. The wheels you were looking at are my Y2K Cobra R's in 17x9 front and 18x10 rear

Here is an exterior shot of the parts car when I picked it up. And in the second picture is a better shot of the wheels on my 35th anny.

Attachments

• Image036.jpg
    Image036.jpg
    119 KB · Views: 125
  • Picture 020m.jpg
    Picture 020m.jpg
    400.5 KB · Views: 132
Last edited:
actually i was wondering about the wheels on this car

Attachments

• Image079.jpg
    Image079.jpg