Speedometer Rebuild

Raymondo

Does anyone know anyone who rebuilds our speedometers? My odometer does not work and the speedometer has started lagging...sometimes I have to tap the dash to get it to work.

Thanks!
Ray

Does anyone know anyone who rebuilds our speedometers? My odometer does not work and the speedometer has started lagging...sometimes I have to tap the dash to get it to work.

Thanks!
Ray

Ray,

I recently sent two speedos to this guy from TCCoA to reset mileage and replace the odometer gears. Sounds like he knows what he's doing but I don't have the speedos installed yet.

http://forums.tccoa.com/member.php?u=8583

David

mine broken

mine dont show the good speed always 20-40km/h slower you think he can repair?

Honestly... you'd be better off just buying a used speedo/odometer than trying to repair one.
The repair "kits" are very expensive. A used speedo.. probably $25 tops from anyone here.
Its not that hard to reset the mileage. You have to take it apart and reassemble with the mileage that you need. But it requires finesse and patience.

Are you serious? I just don't see it as a hard job to fix the odometer, if something else is wrong it probably is easier to buy a good used one.
Alan

Last edited:
I fixed one of my 145 speedos with a set of gears I took out of a junkyard car, odometer works great but now my needle sticks, go figure, fixed one problem and created another............:rolleyes:
Your sticking needle could be from not pressing it back exactly on center. Its probably rubbing against the case somewhere. Might try lifting it up just a hair. BTW, I'd suggest using a plain old table fork to pull it up. These things can be delicate.

$70 for 2 plastic gears is just too steep for cheap me. :rolleyes: Rather, I prefer to spend $900+ on a premium leather upholstery kit from SCP. :cool:

Oh, and the repair is not hard, but its one of those jobs where you suddenly find little plastic wheels and other pieces rolling all over the counter and falling on the floor. :eek:

Oh, and the repair is not hard, but its one of those jobs where you suddenly find little plastic wheels and other pieces rolling all over the counter and falling on the floor. :eek:

i used a black towel when i reset my odometer. it made it easy to see the lil gears rolling everywhere.

Back