motor mounts

hepcat

I have heard that those break as well. So I will make some motor mounts with my homemade motor mounts. Not worried about the mount I am making but the actual welding points for the motor mount frame since mine my are going to not give like the others will.

Raymond

Why don't you just install a set of solid rubber mounts. They will hold up to a 400+ HP engine.

If you really want to weld something, make a torque strap and they will last longer than the engine.

David

i thought about those and all the other mods I would like to do and I have to save money where ever I can.

Something to really consider is your driving. Braking accelerating and mainly cornering. If you think about all the weight of the engine wanting to move the back and forth and side to side. This concerns me because of the way i do drive. So by taking some hard rubber and putting a bolt through it that will help because the bolt is going to small the rubber a little when I get it tight.

I will get pics when I get them made. I am working on engine straps as well to help.

If I was richer ya I would consider that and that exsplains all my cheap mod ideas

Thanks and this should of been with my motor mount post but I am always doing two things at ounce when online because I am at work.

Raymond

Back