Its finally alive again!... but w/ problems.

acb92sc

Ok so I started my project three yrs ago, I replaced everything in the steering and suspension. Put the newer spindles and 99+ mustang brakes on. bled everything, good pedal. Put 95 sc on, 36lb injectors, and then i ran out of time and money so it sat in garage til this weel.
Today I get it going again, finish my FMIC. runs pretty good except...
-Boost/vaccuum gauge doesnt work.
- brake pedal hard as concrete. no play at all.
-slight stutter to car, suspect possibly vacuum line?
-belt squeal intermittently, thinking from one tensioner pulley.

I think I can figure everything else out w/ some more daylight except the brakes. I hate electronic brakes.
Any help w/ any of it??

boost gauge vacuum line is on driver side fire wall, tiny little hose with a rubber boot on the end of it. I believe it goes to the closest plenum tube coming or going to the rear of the sc. theres a metal nipple on the tube that it connects to, i dont know what goes on behind the dashboard though

Last edited:
If you dislike the brakes switch out the ABS accumulator and master cyl with one from a Crown vic. Brakes will work just fine, minus ABS. And to remedy the light, yank the fuse. Personally I HATE ABS! It's the reason I hit the car infront of me in my cougar. If the brakes locked on that dry pavement I wouldn't have hit that car, plain and simple. And ABS in the winter is a joke...

I think the brake system in these cars is all right. With some troubleshooting, you should be able to narrow down what the problem is. Try the 35th Anniversary Thunderbird Registry website for good info, or search here.

I do agree that ABS is not best for every situation. In winter, it can cause as many problems as it solves. I really would like an on-off switch for it.

Oh yea, and traction control in FWD cars is really only good for getting you T-boned. :D

Back