Smog in CA

XR7

Can anyone in Northern CA get in contact with me, about a good place to take my car to smog it?.

basically I am looking for a contact, (someone that knows someone) that can get me in for a test run, just to see where the car is..

Not sure I really want to pay the price to find out the car won't pass...

Again, I did move here from MN and brought the car with me. so the car is not classified as a CA car..

any help would be greatly appreciated.. I will gladly pm my number to anyone that is willing to talk with me on this subject.

Karl

You shouldnt have any problems as long as your Catalytic converters are still good, no check engine lights, and your intake is stock.

- Dan

I have a contact...graduated HS with him...you are in stockton?...his shop is in Campbell...can you get there?

But yeah Dan is right...if your cats are good and you arent running too lean or too rich you should have no problems...you can check my mods list as mine passes CA smog emissions but not visually ;)

Last edited:
Actually I do have one cat on the Passenger side that was rattling several years ago... and that one was gutted..

however I do have aftermarket Cats 2.5 inch from SCP, which I was thinking are CA legal, but I will have to have them installed if that is going to be the case..

91BLOWNBIRD, I will pm my number to you.. if you would give me a call

Karl

Back