clutch problem!?!?!

snowcat

1990 Cougar SC 5spd:
the hydrolic clutch line went a year ago, instead of buying a new one I had the old one fixed (first mistake). everything was working fine untill the line blew again. I tried too fix it again but to make a long story short, it didn't work. I bought a new hydrolic line and a new slave cylinder, installed them both. Bled the system and now I have no clutch. I pulled the master cylinder off and bench bled it and have rebled the system, still no clutch.
I'm dazed and confused... master cyliner was working fine, new hydrolic line, new slave cylinder and the clutch was replaced a year ago. whole system was bled...no clutch!
comments or suggestions please!!!!!!
(summers almost over and I need to shred some rubber!!!)

maybe a bad new master cylinder? hook up a pressure gauge to the bleed port and make sure you have enough hyd pressure going to the slave. cycle more fluid through the bleed port to eliminate any chance of an air bubble first. there a slim but possible chance your slave went out. not sure about yours but the only 1 i could find had been put together in 3 different countries. im sure that takes the quality down a few notches.

Thanks....good call, what should the pressure be at the slave bleed valve??
(I would get a grinder but come on, we all know it's not just the same,haha)

Back