Heartland Power Steering Pulley?

OneFastBird

I'm looking for any suggestions on what to do next...here's my problem! I started my car up for the first time yesterday with my new heartland power steering pulley, it ran for no more then 30 seconds before the pulley worked it's way off of the hub and came flying off!!! How can I secure the pulley to the hub and still get it off if need be. The hub is only made to go on one way so that the pulley puller can be used to take it off. Has anyone else had this problem? Should I just junk it and find another pulley?

This has happened before in a batch done a few years ago. I would contact Heartland and see what they say.

I replied to your PM but all you need is a bolt that threads into the pump. I'm not sure what size it is but maybe someone else will chime in on that. Works like a charm with the bolt and I've never had a problem.

I replied to your PM but all you need is a bolt that threads into the pump. I'm not sure what size it is but maybe someone else will chime in on that. Works like a charm with the bolt and I've never had a problem.

Im going to be installing my heartland ps pump soon and would like to know what size bolt to use to secure it. Anyone know?

Im going to be installing my heartland ps pump soon and would like to know what size bolt to use to secure it. Anyone know?

There is no bolt used to secure it.

The pulley should have come with a steel hub. That steel hub is pressed onto the power steering shaft (similar to how the stock power steering pulley would be pressed on). Once the hub is on the shaft, you turn the pully onto the the threads of that steel shaft that you just pressed on.

I too have used the bolt .... that was suggested to me as will. I cannot remember to bolt size off hand neither, but it'll be the same size bolt pattern that would be included in the kit that autozone, advanced and other parts houses' sell for removing/installing the power steering pulley. I went to my local mom & pop hardware store and I purchased a chrome buttonhead bolt with chrome washer to use... placing this bolt in, your problem with the pulley walking off the hub will no longer be an issue. I have had my Heartland pulley installed this way now going on 7 years or so and I drive it daily.

Jeff B.

4 years in and no bolt holding the pulley on. Has yet to even become slightly loose.

Best bet is to drive to the hardware store and try a few bolts. I'm not sure that it's metric. It may be US standard coarse thread.

and sorry, i was a victim of folks not writing proper subjects for their posts. I didn't notice that the OP actually had a problem. I literally can not see how this happens since the belt goes in the opposite direction to turn the pulley off.

Last edited:
Back