Radiator Express radiators any good?

phils89sc

I am contemplating replacing my 89SC's original radiator or getting it refurbished. Before I shell out the cash for either, is it worth it getting my 3-core factory radiator rebuilt, or am I better off replacing it with a new one from Radiator Express? I looked at the two available ones, the brass one (I assume it is brass anyway) with the intercooler brackets, and the all aluminum one without the intercooler brackets. Although enticed by an all aluminum radiator, I was wondering, are both of these available radiator 2 core? Will I lose much going from a 3 core to a 2 core?

Thanks!!

as for radiator express i cant tll you. i never had and dealings with them.

but as for the cores, a 3core to a 2 core might even be better so long as the cores are bigger. some racing radiators come with 1inch 2 core that cool better then some 4 cores. imo if yours still looks good, then i would rebuild it. if not i would get an aluminum racing 2core 1 inch core radiator.

http://racewayparts.com/fordracingradiators.aspx
http://www.absoluteradiator.com/

this one i think you'll atleast get some good info from
http://www.radiator.com/article-aluminum-sport-radiators.html

we had some reps from radiator express come up th firestone. they left some info. i think my boss might have ordered a few from them. from what i heard them say is that all their radiators are factory replacements and made to oe specs for all models. i could be wrong so dont completely quote me on it.

I order one for my 90 sc and it bolted right in and works like a champ, I also ordered a A/C condenser from them and it works flawlessly.

My SC had a Radiator express rad in it when I bought the car. I never had a problem with it in several years.

I was able to get the SCCOA a discount code from RE years ago. Over time I have bought about 11 of them for all my Birds and never had a problem with any of them. Next day shipped to my door for 10 bucks is always a good thing. Atleast I think thats what they charge for shipping these days. All the SC Radiators where 2 core and never had one overheat after the install.
Overall a great price on a stock part with or without the bracket. On my first SC I was burned bad on a raw deal as this no name radiator shop charged me $415 with no install and 2 weeks later the drain plug fell out because it melted the little plastic drain cock and the pressure blew it out. Not fun to find a metal replacement. They offered me a new plastic one. I told them to stick it up their ***

I had 2 of the standard units & both ran hot, then did the warranty exchage for an aluminum one & it runs cooler with the same 192 T-stat. with the A/C on too!! Spend the extra $ on the aluminum one...

Radiator Express sells CST radiators...which are good radiators. Only problem is when it comes down to if you have a warranty problem, they might d*ck you around like they did to me.

I've had one in each of my AOD cars. One for about 3 years, the other for 4.. in Texas heat. They're good. Only issue I have with them is the cheezy plastic drain plug that wears down over time. Its also stinks in that when youre trying to drain the coolant, you have to remove the whole thing to get anything to drain out. And then it just gushes out all over the place. :(

Only issue I have with them is the cheezy plastic drain plug that wears down over time. Its also stinks in that when youre trying to drain the coolant, you have to remove the whole thing to get anything to drain out. And then it just gushes out all over the place. :(

I found it amusing that their instructions simply tell you not to use the drain plug. :rolleyes: Use the lower radiator hose instead. I'm not sure why they included one if they didn't want you to use it.

Back