Ok, I give up. What's the little green eye thing on the dash?

JAFO

This thing is on top of the dash, behind the instrument cluster. It's reflected on the windshield glare and looks like a floating green eye staring at me. What the hell is this thing?!

It's your GPS sensor. Just kidding.

It's the ambient light sensor for your auto dimmer that lets the headlights stay on after you leave the vehicle. The adjustment is the wheel marked "Lamp Delay". :)

Ok, I'm new to the car, but I don't remember seeing any dimmer other than twisting the light switch? Am I missing out here?

Bill, I'm sorry then, guy. If you don't have the automatic dimmer, then I may be thinking of something else other than what you are describing. The location I picture from your post is where that sensor goes. Don't know what else it could be.

Have a great week.

Hey Jafo. Just got an email telling me that this green eye is the sensor for the Climate control option. My car doesn't have this feature and this may be what it is. Do you have the Climate Control settings instead of the push button operation for the A/C?

i also have this green eye thing. and the climate control would make sense, seeing I have that as well, but no dimmer. I had that dimmer in my LX but no green eye, so I think u have hit this one on the button.

Thanks, Bill. Can't take the credit though. Duffy Floyd was the one who mentioned it to me. That's what we are all here for, to help each other out.

Have a great weekend all.

Back