PDA

View Full Version : Saleen 07 Mtang

BirdofPrey97
08-03-2010, 10:22 AM
Had a discussion with one yesterday and I didn't much care for the end result. Not that it wasn't what I expected it was just that the discussion came to an end much quicker than expected.

The SC was very disappointing. 75mph to 120mph was the discussion and 3 cars was had in no time. Guess, I need to get a time set up for a better tune than the current DD tune. :p If that calendar of events wasn't such a damn secret it would be a lot easier.

XR7Kurt
08-07-2010, 10:57 AM
Do you know which Saleen it was? They had versions all the way up to 600+hp.

mywhite89
08-23-2010, 10:20 AM
A lot of those were supercharged V-8's rated at over 400 hp. I would have trouble with one of those i'm sure. Actually, I've got the DD X-treme tune, so I 'm sure I would do just fine.

91BLOWNBIRD
08-23-2010, 01:43 PM
A lot of those were supercharged V-8's rated at over 400 hp. I would have trouble with one of those i'm sure. Actually, I've got the DD X-treme tune, so I 'm sure I would do just fine.

Are your 1/4 times up to date with your member page mods list?

BirdofPrey97
08-23-2010, 02:30 PM
It was SC with a 5spd. He was a lot of fun, but it was just sad getting walked that bad. Have to lose some though or the mods would stop and that would only make the wife happy. :p

XxSlowpokexX
08-24-2010, 11:51 PM
Yah its going to be hard to keep up with a supercharged Saleen unless your making at least 350+ rwhp..And even then his RPM band and gearing will more than likely render you useless.....Aero wise though is on your side up top.

The one mod Id love to do to my SC is the 6 speed one. That with a 6,000rpm or so redline would be lovely with my 3.27's up top

91BLOWNBIRD
08-25-2010, 02:13 AM
everytime I try to make noise with those guys they just look the other way...all I get in california is fried rice :mad: I dont care if I get smoked I just want to see what the bird can do

BirdofPrey97
08-25-2010, 09:56 AM
It was fun and the guy was good about it. He would just get that couple car jump and would hold it. The 6spd with the 3.27s would be interesting, but I am going back to the 2.73s. Working on getting the t-loc installed in the Mark VIII pumpkin.

Found an 05 Saleen and am tempted, but thinking a 5.0(2011) in my 97 Bird is a better option.

The SC is parked for the year. Need to do a couple things before it comes back out next year. Heads and Cam are on the agenda. Nate V6s cam is interesting, but the lift seems a tad high for what I want.

Working on what is available to replace the clutch pedal assembly for the SCs at the moment. Tired of breaking clips.

mywhite89
09-24-2010, 09:28 AM
Are your 1/4 times up to date with your member page mods list?

Thats as fast as I've run, but I run with regular street tires. 1st gear is useless.

My engine is fully built, custom ground cam, and about everything you can do. MPX blower dual nozzle stage 3 methanol injection
Chris

David Neibert
09-24-2010, 02:42 PM
It was fun and the guy was good about it. He would just get that couple car jump and would hold it. The 6spd with the 3.27s would be interesting, but I am going back to the 2.73s. Working on getting the t-loc installed in the Mark VIII pumpkin.

Found an 05 Saleen and am tempted, but thinking a 5.0(2011) in my 97 Bird is a better option.

The SC is parked for the year. Need to do a couple things before it comes back out next year. Heads and Cam are on the agenda. Nate V6s cam is interesting, but the lift seems a tad high for what I want.

Working on what is available to replace the clutch pedal assembly for the SCs at the moment. Tired of breaking clips.

What are the lift and duration numbers for that Jay Allen custom cam ?

David