92 Fuel Door Release Question

Kurt Sunday

SCCoA Member
Background:
I picked up a pretty beat 90SC for 100 bucks last year and am bringing it back to life. It is a slow costly process but to me worth keeping another SC out of the boneyard.

I have always liked the lines and options of the 92+ SC's. So I have been adding 92+ parts. So far I have added a decklid and LED taillights, the key fob module, and the remote fuel door. (92 Fuel tank this weekend). Also put on Cobra R's and a Koni/Eibach setup.

Question
Is there existing wiring in the 90 for the remote fuel door or will I need to run my own wire. Also, should I use a relay?

Thanks SC Brothers!

The wiring, connectors, and mounting points should all be there. I did the remote gas door button install on my 89. There's even a hole in the glove box for the orange button. :D

Yeah Kurt, like DrFishbone said, all the wiring is there. You just have to get the door, the solenoid assembly and a switch. It all plugs in and bolts in with no problems. The hardest part is punching out the metal plug Ford used to plug the feedthrough for the cable. When I installed in my 90 the plug had a lot of sealer on it.

Thanks guys. I have it all installed, even got the orange button in. I just haven't looked at the wires yet.

Thanks guys. I have it all installed, even got the orange button in. I just haven't looked at the wires yet.

That's the easy part. :D

My biggest struggle was getting the latch adjusted properly. Sometimes it would hang, sometimes it wouldn't hook, sometimes it looked stupid.

Back