Tryin for an '89 XR7

NTRICE

Hi, I'm new here. I'm 17, I live in CT, I've currently got an '89 Acura Integra LS (5-speed) thats for sale. I've got to sell the Integra to get another car. I've found an '89 XR7 that I plan on looking at this weekend.

On Monday, I drove my parent's '90 Mustang GT convertible, that made me want a Mustang soooooooo, bad, but the whole insurance thing is putting that off until I'm able to work full time, or get a better paying job, I'm not sure if it'll be a Fox chassis, or a new one, but anyway, that comes later. So, I found an ad for an '89 XR7, super 6, pretty well loaded up, its affordable, and at a dealer. Driving the Mustang made me want fuel-injection, and a new looking interior, yes, I do consider '87+ Mustang interiors as new looking. Theres a nice '97 Eclipse at work that I can probably get cheap, but they don't have the title for it yet. I want the Eclipse, but I really want rear-drive, and I really want forced induction (just cuz). Plus, theres millions of Eclipses like that, XR7's arnt exactly everywhere. I want to go to work at Triple Digit (Hi-Po import parts & installs), the guy there said he wants to see some of my work, unfortunatly I have no experience due to lack of funds, so showing him an n/a eclipse with a turbo added, and nitrous, would probably get me a job. I'm hoping showing him a modded blown XR7 with a built 3.8 will get me a job too.
Don't get me wrong, I'm not a ricer, I do like DSM's (mainly what 3xDigit works on), but I'll always be a Ford guy, and I'd like to someday work at Steeda, or maybe Saleen.
So anyway, thanks for readin all this, or at least some of it.
-Steve

Back