Tiny leak

JDC

Hey guys I've got a tiny leak on the top front just off to the side of my rad it's about4to5 inches from the cap it's really tiny I was thinking I could soder it or would this be for not or should I get it redone or buy another one?Thanks JDC

I am in the same boat...

Hey guys I've got a tiny leak on the top front just off to the side of my rad it's about4to5 inches from the cap it's really tiny I was thinking I could soder it or would this be for not or should I get it redone or buy another one?Thanks JDC

From what I have seen, and read about the radiators from www.radiatorexpress.com, it would be better just to replace it. Save your old one though, especially if it is a 3 core 89SC radiator. I am still going to get mine redone.

Pressure test it in the car, then pull a hose and peek inside. Usually one leak means more to follow tho, so if you manage to patch it, be on the lookout for more.

I'd think you could pull it out yourself and take it to a shop and have them give you their opinion if it's worth redoing or worth more as scrap :)

Back