PDA

View Full Version : Any yall looked at this one - I just bought it...

Tim Groth
08-05-2010, 07:14 PM
http://norfolk.craigslist.org/cto/1847381559.html

Was on Craigslist forever, so I figured I'd snag it. Shocked no one out that way didn't take it off his hands.

Guy at work likes mine enough that I talked him into it after I bought it...going to help him get it back on the road and out to some meets. Best part of all this is he is a diehard Chevy homer. Coverting 1 at a time these days! :)

-Tim

frdlvr30
08-05-2010, 07:56 PM
http://norfolk.craigslist.org/cto/1847381559.html

Was on Craigslist forever, so I figured I'd snag it. Shocked no one out that way didn't take it off his hands.

Guy at work likes mine enough that I talked him into it after I bought it...going to help him get it back on the road and out to some meets. Best part of all this is he is a diehard Chevy homer. Coverting 1 at a time these days! :)

-Tim

I Have seen it. Im not buying anymore nonrunning cars anymore. Atleast not for a while. I still havent touched the last one I bought. It looks pretty good though. 1993 is my favorite as well. And I am about a mile and a half from Independence blvd...2 miles From Aragona...

nickleman60
08-05-2010, 08:21 PM
Im not buying anymore nonrunning cars anymore. Atleast not for a while. I still havent touched the last one I bought. It looks pretty good though

If you don't do something with it soon it's going to start growing roots and limbs in my backyard....................:eek:

Tim, you are just the greatest SC foster parent that ever lived. You take them in with problems and they leave you ready for the world ............:D

Tim Groth
08-05-2010, 09:26 PM
Tim, you are just the greatest SC foster parent that ever lived. You take them in with problems and they leave you ready for the world ............:D

I suppose...just look for good enough deals where worst case senerio I still come out even. ;)

Guess I was asking more on the lines to make sure its not a total jewel when I arrive with trailer in tow. Seemed pretty honest on the phone, but you can never tell these days.

-Tim

nickleman60
08-05-2010, 10:14 PM
I suppose...just look for good enough deals where worst case senerio I still come out even. ;)

Guess I was asking more on the lines to make sure its not a total jewel when I arrive with trailer in tow. Seemed pretty honest on the phone, but you can never tell these days.

-Tim

I'm not in the SC rescue mode anymore. I had 4 and now I'm down to 2. Somewhere down the line I'll be down to 1 and that's where I'll stay. My black car is getting close to where I want it and when it's done I'm done modding anything. Time to drive it and enjoy it............:D

rbrown
08-05-2010, 11:05 PM
Does the interior look as good as it looks in the pic?

Tim Groth
08-23-2010, 05:43 PM
Hey guys Ill be in town around 7 pm if anyone wants to dinner just pm me your number.

-Tim

Roadhawg
08-23-2010, 05:59 PM
Hey guys Ill be in town around 7 pm if anyone wants to dinner just pm me your number.

-Tim

Darn Tim, you should of said something earlier.
My wife is already cooking dinner.

You could stop by and have a cold one. We are not to far away if you are coming in on 460/58

Todd

Tim Groth
08-23-2010, 06:32 PM
We are coming in on 460 Just passed wakefield va....pm me your number and we can swing by.

-Tim

Tim Groth
08-23-2010, 06:36 PM
Make that Windsor....

Tim Groth
10-07-2010, 03:36 PM
Well got this one all back together last night - fired her up - perfect vaccum and idol. Big smile on my face TILL first rev of the motor and ROD KNOCK :cool::eek:. Looks like tomorrow I'll be pulling the motor out to put a new one in. Luckily found a complete drive train for $250 thats SC to pan, AOD and full exhaust. Not bad...just more time I suppose.

Gotta say, this was one of the more exciting "saves" I've worked on...when picking up someone elses project its way more fun. Car was missing several bolts, and parts that I previously hadn't noticed. Thank goodness I've parted out enough of these cars that a walk to the "shed" is all I had to do to find what I needed.

-Tim

the-big-e
10-08-2010, 12:10 AM
Thank goodness I've parted out enough of these cars that a walk to the "shed" is all I had to do to find what I needed.

-Tim

Now that's an SC mechanic right there.....:p

I'm working on restoring an 89 5 speed that was "worked" on by the PO....:rolleyes:

frdlvr30
10-08-2010, 06:05 PM
Well got this one all back together last night - fired her up - perfect vaccum and idol. Big smile on my face TILL first rev of the motor and ROD KNOCK :cool::eek:. Looks like tomorrow I'll be pulling the motor out to put a new one in. Luckily found a complete drive train for $250 thats SC to pan, AOD and full exhaust. Not bad...just more time I suppose.

Gotta say, this was one of the more exciting "saves" I've worked on...when picking up someone elses project its way more fun. Car was missing several bolts, and parts that I previously hadn't noticed. Thank goodness I've parted out enough of these cars that a walk to the "shed" is all I had to do to find what I needed.

-Tim

Sorry about the luck! Bound to happen sooner or later though on engines with blown HG's....

nickleman60
10-08-2010, 06:39 PM
Hey Tim, I know where you can get a black '93 auto that needs some motor work for probably a good price...............:rolleyes:...........Ask Dave (frdlvr30)

Tim Groth
10-08-2010, 07:51 PM
Just got back from Greensboro NC - with the new drive train. Guy I bought it from drove the SC to lunch :p:D. We finished lunch, drove it back to his shop and tore it down.

Set a new personal best - 2 hours 30 mins to remove the full engine trans and exhaust - Now its back to tossing it together, next week sounds good :).

-Tim

frdlvr30
10-08-2010, 08:38 PM
Hey Tim, I know where you can get a black '93 auto that needs some motor work for probably a good price...............:rolleyes:...........Ask Dave (frdlvr30)

I already told him about it. Comes with new engine! (On Engine Stand) Im going to put my parts up forsale one of these days and its gonna start one of those frenzys again...I have a lot of @#$%...

Tim Groth
10-11-2010, 09:17 PM

Once this is done I might consider. There's also a nice ThunderCat I may give some attention to also.

Perhaps I will slow down and finish building my Long Block...:cool:Work work work...

-Tim