shift kit questions

anthrax

i bought my 90 sc and the previous owner said he installed a shift kit in the thans and he never remembered the name. now when i drive 1st gear is really long then it shifts to 2nd and imediately shifts to 3rd. is somthing installed wrong? when its in the bottom of 3rd the acceleration is slow untill the top end of the gear. is there a way to adjust it? or would i have to take it to a shop?

any ideas? the car is starting to annoy me with this shifting. 2nd gear is engaged for only a couple seconds and third is slow untill it hits the middle of the gear. and when im driving slow under 30 mph 1st gear will shift hard into 2nd. im affraid this is hurting the trans. helpppp

The TV cable adjuster is the topmost cable attached to the side of the throttle.

You can do a quick TV cable adjustment by loosening the locking clip, letting the TV cable settle to where theres no tension with the throttle closed, and then pushing the locking clip back into place. The locking clip is the white part of the TV cable clip. You need a small screwdriver to push it out. Then road test and see how it works for you.

After that, you can adjust the cable up 2 notches at a time to see if there's any difference.

i bought my 90 sc and the previous owner said he installed a shift kit in the thans and he never remembered the name. now when i drive 1st gear is really long then it shifts to 2nd and imediately shifts to 3rd. is somthing installed wrong? when its in the bottom of 3rd the acceleration is slow untill the top end of the gear. is there a way to adjust it? or would i have to take it to a shop?

Sounds pretty normal for a trans-go or similar shift kit. If you want a good shift kit and the ability to manually shift up or down through 1st, 2nd and 3rd and to lock out OD, get a Lentech Street terminator valve body.

David

but i want to increase the length of 2nd gear. so it shifts into 3rd alot later

The only way to increase the shift point for 2nd gear with the valve body and shift kit you are using, is by applying more throttle. If you want to be able to hold 2nd at any throttle position, you need to use a differnt VB like the Lentech one I suggested.

David

Back