snow meth kit problems

ganuolfthegrey

well after having my car down sence xmas. I Am almost ready to start it.

i am doing some final checks and noticed with key on engine off my meth kit is spray full on. the box is set to the maximum setting's right know.
when i tore the car down it worked fine. normally when you turn the key on engine off. the light flickers for a second to let you know the system is working. well today it went full on car not even running. with just key on . don't get it. it does have a anit siphion valve in line also so i don't why it's doing this. I pulled the line from the nozzel and sure enough it's going full tilt.

i have the key on wire hooked to the fuse block. it's worked fine for almost 2 years and followed the instructions to the t. .I havn't even messed with the system sence i installed other than tuning so i don't get it.

don't know but at my autometer gauge inside said 11 not fully charged sence i havn't driven it sence xmas:D

I believe it needs a minimum of 11.5v to even think about firing (no telling how that might influence various components/accessories)...best to have around/at least 12.5v as an example before you try again.

Use a battery charger to bring the battery up - using the alternator instead when it's that low risks overheating/borking the internals.

I assume you have it wired to the MAF signal wire? That's the only way it could come on at key on is if the maf signal wire goes above the minimum set point you have for the snow controller. So check your wiring for the maf sensor, as for some reason when no air is moving it is sending a voltage greater than your minimum setting.

p.s. I'm not sure why so many people haven't done it, but you really should wire in a switch that cuts power to the snow system unless you want it on. Consider it an ARM switch.

I assume you have it wired to the MAF signal wire? That's the only way it could come on at key on is if the maf signal wire goes above the minimum set point you have for the snow controller. So check your wiring for the maf sensor, as for some reason when no air is moving it is sending a voltage greater than your minimum setting.

p.s. I'm not sure why so many people haven't done it, but you really should wire in a switch that cuts power to the snow system unless you want it on. Consider it an ARM switch.

Whenever I first turn on the ignition I get a quick blip on the green LED indicator light. I have also confirmed that it does spray a small amount of fluid whenever this happens. This only happens on my 91 where I am using the MAF voltage to trigger the system.

David

Whenever I first turn on the ignition I get a quick blip on the green LED indicator light. I have also confirmed that it does spray a small amount of fluid whenever this happens. This only happens on my 91 where I am using the MAF voltage to trigger the system.

David

Mine does the same, I also mounted a switch that breaks the ground wire for an arm type switch.

Hmm, can't recall seeing it do that lately. I'll have to check, though I typically have it switched off. Note it may be related to the voltage level you or I have it set to. i.e. the transient voltage is there but it isn't enough to hit the trigger voltage if the start voltage is high enough.

That said, if the OP has both knobs turned to the MAX, that should mean nothing will happen until 5v, and when it does happen it'll be full flow. That indicates to me that the wrong wire is tapped, in particular the sensor power wire that happens to be 5v.

David

I third that too, My system primes every time I cycle the key.

Back