clutch pedal adjustment

SCid

Mt clutch is working fine with one problem, it disengages at the top of the pedal. Almost as soon as i touch the pedal it starts to disengage, so there alot of travel. Is there an adjustment for the pedal travel?

I don't think so...

Mt clutch is working fine with one problem, it disengages at the top of the pedal. Almost as soon as i touch the pedal it starts to disengage, so there alot of travel. Is there an adjustment for the pedal travel?

These are hydraulic clutches and there are no adjustments that I know of. There may be a problem with the master or slave cylinder. You can also try bleeding the system. I would search the forum for this process.

usaully from what I have seen when the clutch engagement/dis-engagement point moves up higher on the pedal the disk or pressure plate is worn out. some manufactures offer a self-adjusting clutch pressure plate (bmw) that is supposed to compensate for that wear, but when they are high like that the clutch is usaualy junk by then.

but you said the clutch is holding fine?

The clutch is still holding but i am worried it might start slipping. I think you are right, there is no adjustment for the clutch pedal. Also, as sad as this is, i think the pedal is showing signs of clutch wear.

It is normal for the clutch to engage/disengage at the top of the pedal maybe an inch or so down but not at the very very top of the pedal travel. My Centerforce has some freeplay at the top of the pedal but my stock clutch didn't and always engaged high up. It could be a wornout pp and clutch disc. I'd just keep driving it normally and anticipate a clutch replacement in a few months.

normally the closer to the floor it catches the better or thicker the clutch . my 89 sc with 230k miles still has original clutch and still catches close to the floor
. im thinking if flywheel was turned down or aftermarket clutch tolerances may be off but if its not slipping i wouldnt worry there are no adjustments i know of

thanks
ralph

Back