supercharger porting (professional opinion)

kpoindex08

Has any one seen a sc ported like this and what are the benefits and down falls vs. a V shape?

Last edited:
It would be interesting to see 2 blowers tested for boost and exit flow pressure.

I may be misinformed but I thought the radius went the opposite way from top of lip inwards on the 45 to streamline exit flow. Not sure if that radius is any more effecient as it wants to move air to side walls of top.

It was done by high speed lab, wade embree. When I got the blower roots and case coated I asked him to do a port job for me while he had it apart. I am sure it is not ruined or there would not be a 1 year warranty on it :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Wow!!!!!!!

I'm surprized! Wade been doing this stuff for a long time.... whats up with that shape and form?:confused:

Tom

That’s my thought exactly! I have never seen it done this way. Wade knows what he is doing though. I am not questioning his work at all just stumped on not being able to fined any thing on it :confused:.

Maybe its an attempt at further reducing the pulsing that is typical of roots positive displacement pumps. Eaton put the twist into the rotors to cut down on the pulse so maybe Wade has figured this would further reduce it by staging the release of air.

Fraser

What Fraser said!

But that is something special right there. I would love to see a side by side test on the vs stock as well as some others.

What does the inlet look like?

It may just be a signature cut that is the new craze.

Take a DD and measure the volumn vs this.

I still think you have to see side by side results.

Paul

Where can I take it to get tested? I would love to see the numbers on it vs. a factory stock 94 sc or any thing else for that matter. It is truly unique. Like nothing I have ever seen.

Talk to Dave Dalke about where to get it tested. I'm not saying he knows but he would be the 1st person I would ask.

Just an opinion, the rear outlet looks poorly done. The top sealing surface just below the bearings doesnt look even, the sealing surface is so narrow that getting a good seal look to be no an easy thing. I cant see where the outlet design would improve flow. Stiegmeier has done some crazy porting on their outlet porting so I guess the pros know best. Guess that why I dont offer porting service;)

Ken

It was done by high speed lab, wade embree. When I got the blower roots and case coated I asked him to do a port job for me while he had it apart. I am sure it is not ruined or there would not be a 1 year warranty on it :rolleyes:

I've know Wade since 2000 and have bought numerous parts from him, but I don't know what the heck he was thinking when he ported that case :eek:

It looks horrible and I can't see how it would be efficent at any rpms with that outlet profile. Only way to test it is to bolt it on and see how much boost it makes at various rpms.

David

I just got off the phone with wade. He assures me it is the latest and greatest. :cool: it is designed to stage the release of the compressed air to reduce surging. And increas the laminated air flow. I do knot know what laminated air flow is but that is what wade states. Wade talks very highly of you Dave he says you are his #1 customer in his book. The blower will not be put on until next month some time so hang tight for those of you that want to see its performance. If the wife is willing I may be at the shout out to test it there. :D

I just got off the phone with wade. He assures me it is the latest and greatest. :cool: it is designed to stage the release of the compressed air to reduce surging. And increas the laminated air flow. I do knot know what laminated air flow is but that is what wade states. Wade talks very highly of you Dave he says you are his #1 customer in his book. The blower will not be put on until next month some time so hang tight for those of you that want to see its performance. If the wife is willing I may be at the shout out to test it there. :D

Well, I guess your gonna have to bolt it on and see how it works. BTW, you don't need to wait until the Shootout to test it, Gateway has street tire night every Tuesday.

If weather is nice, I'm planning to go next week. Let me know if you want to meet up, Kurt K might be going too.

David

PS: Please tell Wade & Alicia I said Hi.

Back