Passenger window

90redsc

90 XR7..window this just started. The passenger side window when controlled from the P/S switch would only allow the window to go down. The D/S switch works fine when used the window works normal. The auto lock on the P/S works fine. I transfered both switches and the lock works fine but the window will still only work going down. I put a test light to it and found that I have power in the down position but not on the up side (white and black wire) The motors have been replaced and never had a problem before until last week. Any ideas for the next step?

I found it ..The switch , when pressed all the way will not go up but clicks. If I go slow and just enough, the window works fine...problem is ..where can I get a new switch??

I found it ..The switch , when pressed all the way will not go up but clicks. If I go slow and just enough, the window works fine...problem is ..where can I get a new switch??

They usually just get gummed up over the years and the contacts need polishing.

New or other/working?
- put an ad in the want-to-buy section...be sure to mention where you are located

- pull one out if a donor car in a junk yard...two if you can find them so you then have a spare - keep the receipt if they're also gummed up.

- take your switch apart if you have the skills and clean the contacts inside. If you do this, take notes/photos, as they are tricky to put back together if you don't pay attention :)

Back