Transmission Neutraling Out *Help*

SC4LIFE

Hey everyone, I'm currently having an issue with a 94 Auto Supercoupe that tends to slip and neutral out. The tranny has 150,000kms on it and was rebuilt at 100,000kms, the MLPS has been replaced with the new ones that have the orange gasket on it, new deep oil pan was also put on and has been using Mercon V fluid since the rebuild. The issue will sometimes happen when just cruising or sometimes under light acceleration roughly about 30 to 45 minutes into driving, i have noticed some foamyness in the tranny oil but it does not smell burnt. Any thoughts on what could be going on? Is another rebuild eminent? :eek:

Cheers,
Luke

There are no leaks at all, and the newer style MLPS was installed at the time they did the rebuild on the tranny, i knew at the time that they were prone to failing so i had them put the newer style on just to be safe. I have yet to check for codes but will do that tomorow. Thanks guys.

Cheers,
Luke

That was my concern that you had tried another used MLPS from an early model. Sadly to say if that doesn't do it then you need a transmission.
Alan

Back