Factory JBL stereo system questions

Massoketsc

I was curious.. what is the easiest way to bypass the factory amplifier for the JBL upgraded stereo system without splicing a bunch of wires or re-wiring the speakers? Some goof who owned the car before me added in an older ford stereo that did not have the plug in the back to run it to the amp (it was only for the stock stereo part) and it was messed up, compacitors falling out of it etc.. so needless to say, i am replacing it with a nice aftermarket HD Radio deck.

I know Crutchfield sells the wiring adapter for it that you can just plug in either side and bypass, but I was curious if anyone knew what it was called and if I could possibly get it locally instead of having it shipped.

Thanks in advance :) Still new in trying to replace my own stuff on the bird, but it is a work in progress!

Its just called premium sound bypass kit? If crutchfield is still using METRA products you can use the part number cause most audio shops carry that line also? Where you live?

re

Okay cool, I wasn't quite sure if it was a common part, I am purchasing a deck for my car on Friday probably, and was not sure if I wanted to use Crutchfield or go local, as Crutchfield throws in the kits for free as well, but I wanted to install it this weekend when I have the time to do it.. decisions decisions :) Thanks for the answers guys.

Back