putting a 5.0 in a 91 5speed sc

92sclikenew

whats needed to put a 5.0 in a 91 sc with a 5speed.

i plan to carb it to get the simplest out of this. but can the sc fly wheel work?

mounts?

thanks for the help..

SC flywheel will work, if you have it rebalanced for the 5.0L

Mounts i think you'll need to find '91/3 5.0L ones, or least the top pieces that bolt to the block itself??

SC flywheel will work, if you have it rebalanced for the 5.0L

Mounts i think you'll need to find '91/3 5.0L ones, or least the top pieces that bolt to the block itself??

thanks

assume i would use a 5.0 bird rad and what not..

everything else just hooks up..

will the sc power steering pump bracket bolt on and work?

i think the pump works not the bracket
starter is the same

i may have a second set of motor mounts and brackets here shortly brian

Least he's not putting a 4.6L into it.. :eek::eek::eek:

Sorry.. my '96 4.6L has put a serious sour taste in my mouth.. i'm so close to using it as trade on a HONDA!!!!

Least he's not putting a 4.6L into it.. :eek::eek::eek:

Sorry.. my '96 4.6L has put a serious sour taste in my mouth.. i'm so close to using it as trade on a HONDA!!!!

What is wrong with the 4.6 ?? Id take one over a 5.0 any day. Anything is better than a Honda .. everywhere I look everywhere I go all I see is honda honda toyota, jap junk. :rolleyes:

- Dan

im not doing anything to the first sc

i picked up a car that is damaged in the front end and am trying to figure out what it would take to drop a 5.0 in it.. or if i could find another 3.8 to drop into it.

What is wrong with the 4.6 ?? Id take one over a 5.0 any day. Anything is better than a Honda .. everywhere I look everywhere I go all I see is honda honda toyota, jap junk. :rolleyes:

Well like i said, mine, the holly grail of MN12's (By TCCoA standards?) a 1996, just isn't up to par with how my '91 XR7 with the 5.0L was like.. performance, Gas mileage, everything..

My '96 may be a lemon, but i've tried everything i could, even used OEM components, and it still just SUCKS

Back