Anti thrust/ vibration control arm

TinManSC92

designed an actual fix to eliminate wheel hop that does not interfer with the handling characterstics of our cars design. Living in the northern climate doesn't make sense for me to use hardend replacement bushings. - ( Don't know if I could handle the annoying squeaking for eight or nine months of the year.)
Plus, this new design eliminates further lateral wear to the interior bushings and, prevents the LCA's from wanting to leave with the car out the back with any quick take off.
Even if the driver doesn't spin the tires, the appiled, or, the "more direct force" of the 5 speeds cause the LCA's to move backward allowing the rear end of the car to squat down. these new anti thrust/ vibration control arms transfer the energy directly to the rear wheels without having to go through the suspension first. the suspension reacts after the tires are moving not before, which in turn, makes for more quicker start times.
For 175.00 bucks and 5 min. of installation time I can't figure for the life of me why these haven't been for sale 20 years ago.
What are some of your thoughts?

Actually, with stock bushings, the LCA's / Knuckles / Wheels move forward during hard launches.

Got pictures of your invention?

BTW, Delrin bushings don't squeak, at least mine don't. The ride is certainly firmer though.

In reality, don't you mean spring forward. That's what I meant by saying you actually leave your LCA's behind out the back, then tighten and spring ahead which in turn causes the first hop. And then resonnace( vibration )takes over. And we all know when a certain action starts it's hard to stop... if ever.
More on the physics of this later. I will first post up pictures with an installed example so I can hopefully attempt to explain the math I used for both dynamic and impact loading. Oh! and I can`t leave out resonnance( or vibration).
BTW This would be easier to calcuate if someone had the actual values of force being produced. I assumed a force of 5000lbs. shear for the suitable shear pin I employed in the design.

I didn`t know that Damon. You didn`t tell me that last time we talked. However, I still want to launch this car before I change out the sub frame bushings we talked about. As you said, everyone who did the swap did the LCA`s at the same time so you really can`t tell what`s done what. At least I can`t.

I didn`t know that Damon. You didn`t tell me that last time we talked. However, I still want to launch this car before I change out the sub frame bushings we talked about. As you said, everyone who did the swap did the LCA`s at the same time so you really can`t tell what`s done what. At least I can`t.

I installed my Delrin LCA and Knuckle Bushings over a year before installing the UHMW Sub-Frame Mounts.

The reduction in wheel-hop, with the resulting improvement in launches, is almost entirely due to the bushings.

The Sub-Frame mounts add some stability during very hard shifts, and a very minor improvement in launches. They were created primarily because the stock parts are no longer available.

I look forward to seeing your design.

Last edited:
Oh! I get what you`re saying now, and no! that`s where we differ in our approach. I say that because everyones wheel hop is of different severity. some have said to correct it put good tires on it. but, if 3000.00 dollars isn`t good enough then what is. It was Damon that brought to my attention that his car wheel hopped almost as bad as mine. At lease I`m thinking that mines the worst. then it occurred to me that the spring and shock rates are different settings for different years. (Fast ED Toronto.)
When the LCA`S spring forward they are also lifted back up towards the front because the shocks and springs are also attached to the LCA`s which mean they must be included in the equation. ( the circular motion)

Not as much as me seeing your sub frame bushings I`ll bet. Hey, by the way, If i`m the first to re order does that make me a 350.00 guy.;)

Not as much as me seeing your sub frame bushings I`ll bet. Hey, by the way, If i`m the first to re order does that make me a 350.00 guy.;)

Well, I just got a payment for a set earlier tonight, but if you hurry, I'll cut you a break. Should be ready to ship in 2-3 weeks.

designed an actual fix to eliminate wheel hop that does not interfer with the handling characterstics of our cars design. Living in the northern climate doesn't make sense for me to use hardend replacement bushings. - ( Don't know if I could handle the annoying squeaking for eight or nine months of the year.)
Plus, this new design eliminates further lateral wear to the interior bushings and, prevents the LCA's from wanting to leave with the car out the back with any quick take off.
Even if the driver doesn't spin the tires, the appiled, or, the "more direct force" of the 5 speeds cause the LCA's to move backward allowing the rear end of the car to squat down. these new anti thrust/ vibration control arms transfer the energy directly to the rear wheels without having to go through the suspension first. the suspension reacts after the tires are moving not before, which in turn, makes for more quicker start times.
For 175.00 bucks and 5 min. of installation time I can't figure for the life of me why these haven't been for sale 20 years ago.
What are some of your thoughts?

Any pics?????

Yes. But I e-mailed them to Damon. Not because we we're talking about this a while back and he wanted to see them ( before I even posted) but mainly because I can't figure out how to post them on the site as of yet. Got to call the Wife in for this one. :confused:
added some modifications to them today as well.

I got tthe photos for some reason this morning. Sent them to my personal email awhile ago..waiting for them to come into my in box so I can post them

Well, thank you very much for that. I just thought you we're away some where. I probably should have taken the pics. with them installed on the car huh.

I want to see a pic of these ON the car.

Then would love a before and after video to support the claims.

Back