Favorite year?

Aaron Gott

What's everyone's favorite year?
90ann
mines 90
by the way, can you do polls in this forum?

Hmmmm...

I will have to say '94-'95 5speed. The cars have a superior interior design too, and not to mention the additional HP. I like speed, and I believe that they had the best stock quarter mile times. I dunno!:rolleyes:

Last edited:

Mine is the '93. It has the older exterior style, which loox better w/ more symmetry imo. It has the L E D taillights, unlike years previous to '92. It is the first year for the upgraded braking system, Teves IV, which I have found to be important ;). I also like the old interior, and think it looks more advanced for several reasons.. although I normally prefer dials, I like the buttons better than the simple plastic dials of the newer models. In this year and some previous, the controls are trimmed in black, instead of chrome. I think that looks, newer. Its geometric lines also match the shape of the exterior better, and it has a more usable space. One last thing, I tend to wonder whether the tighter tolerance teflon coated rotors of the newer model SC make it as durable as the more loosely spaced design of the older model.

In summary, mainly the combination of the Exterior, Interior, Brakes, & LEDs. The auto is of no concern to me; I like standards ;)

94 for sure although this is my 95.

Last%20Pic.jpg

Last edited:
Here is my 95 SC

Here is my 95 SC before she was wrecked, she is the closest one to the cam

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    74.1 KB · Views: 215
favorite year

just my opinion, but i like the early models best, 89 to 91 or 92. Seems like all car models, not just the SC lose some of their original appeal as the designers change little things over the years to make them look 'fresh'........To me the lines and over all look of the early one's look best.........(i may be biased though cuz i have a '90!....)

i also have to say 93, because of the newer model rims, the older model body and interior, teves 4 brakes, and i also love the special monocramatic interior on the 93, where the steering wheel, trim behind the door handles, console top, is all interior color

mvc-294s.jpg

1991!
I love my '91. The '94-95's just don't look nearly as aggressive as the earlier models, due to the front end treatment (IMHO, no flames). I happen to like the interior too, although the later ones are a little nicer--but not a deal breaker. The early ones just stand out more as being an SC, not just another "mundane" ;) TBird. '91 is the last year with the stamp in the front bumper, which they never should have discontinued. Again, stands out more as being an SC. Also, the slightly larger gas tank gives you more driving range. I know you don't have room to dual it, but, to me, a 6 cyl doesn't need dual exhaust, and can probably be done as well with a revamped single. Gotta say, the "newer" style rims don't look as good to me. The "older" ones look more solid, and not flimsy. They look less rounded, thicker metal or something, I don't know. Again, a little more aggressive, although they may be heavier as a result. Seems like there's no EGR on the '91's too, so one less thing to go out. ;) They're all cool though.

Oh yeah, gotta be RED and gotta have the tweed with the stitched in TBird. We don't need no stinking leather. ;) I think they might have dropped the rear armrest sometime after '91. Nice to have.

Last edited:
no, the armrest was continued till at least 1993, cause i have it in mine, and i also have and love the tweed seats.... no leather for me either :)

Maybe that was just on the leather interior? Could be wrong. I'm going on a picture I got of a '93 with black leather interior that was sent to me when I was about to buy. Prob just a difference in tweed vs. leather, or options.

Attachments

• dsc00804.jpg
    dsc00804.jpg
    56.3 KB · Views: 170
well the leather i think had standard fold down and thus never had the armrest... the tweet seats had the armrest and i don thin were available with the fold down..... heres an interesting tidbit though

68cougar has an 89 xr7 with cloth seats AND the fold down, which i didnt htink was possible, but he special ordered his car and said that the fold down was a separate option from the leather but i think you had to order it in order to get leather, so all leathers had it, but very few cloths got it.

What is tweed? The reason I got interested in super coupes was because when I was fourteen I had an older friend with one.. black with black leather/cloth split... it looked awesome.
Aaron

Seats.jpg

this is tweed, its probably what you are referring to, as cloth? unless your friend had 94-95 seats where the cloth is on the ass of the seat and the middle of the back fo it, with the leather on the outsides...... we call it tweed because of the pattern and feel of the fabric, it isnt the velour cloth of the 1989-1990 cars.

this is tweed, its probably what you are referring to, as cloth? unless your friend had 94-95 seats where the cloth is on the ass of the seat and the middle of the back fo it, with the leather on the outsides...... we call it tweed because of the pattern and feel of the fabric, it isnt the velour cloth of the 1989-1990 cars.
yeah thats what it was... 1991 was the year, I wish my 90 Titanium w/ black int had it...

Hey Dog Bone Diddy :), My 94 has the rear arm rest FYI. And I came to this conclusion on why Mark was able to get a fold down rear seat in cloth, because it was a Mercury. Also the reason they had the auto climate control option too.

And my favorite year would probably be a 90 with all black leather interior. When you sit in side everything is black except the bezel where the guages are--thats grey. Until midyear 90 they all go black. I don't like the silver climate controls of the 89 and I could do with out the led taillights. But I do like my 94 and infact traded my 90 for it. My biggest gripe is the front end treatment. I really wish they did something to make it stand out from the average everyday.

that armrest is not an armrest... its called a "hump"! (my little brother and I used to argue over who got to sit on the "hump" when we were little kids...

Back