hands down the best bang for buck mod

decipha

not really a modification just maintenance

i just replaced the old busted 1990 sway bar end links with a new set from autozone ($50 bucks unlimited lifetime free replacement :) ) and it completely changed the characteristics of the ride, night and day improvement, this thing corners now like its on rails!!!

without a doubt the best $50 I've spent in a long time, was definitely a good purchase

no more 'clacking' when going over a bump or on a rough road, my front end no longer sounds like its going to fall off !!!

REMOVING THE AIR SILENCER. ITS FREE.................

Sounds better and you can pick up some ponies.. Top that suckas

Funny, I thought the original poster was just letting everyone know what a great mod his 50 bucks got him and than it turns in to a "My favorite mod for the money thread" :rolleyes:

Ken

Funny, I thought the original poster was just letting everyone know what a great mod his 50 bucks got him and than it turns in to a "My favorite mod for the money thread" :rolleyes:

I dont think you can call it a "Mod" either .. Replacing Broken parts is just routine maintenance and upkeep.

Now it just drives like it was supposed to originally, so he's up to par with the rest of us non-broken sway bar end link folks.

- Dan

In the altitude goign up a hill that I never had a problem before driving until I installed underdrives then I removed them and all was gravy...

So now you know of one ;)

IMO you already had other cooling issues and the underdrives brought them to light. They by themselves don't cause cooling issues.

well the only problem there is that the waterpump pulley is larger than stock so wouldnt that cause slower waterpump flow?

well the only problem there is that the waterpump pulley is larger than stock so wouldnt that cause slower waterpump flow?

Yes it would reduce coolant flow, but coolant flow isn't usually what causes an SC to run hot. It's the undersized ~~~ stock radiator, and not enough air going through the core.

That being said, I'm sure there are situations where reducing the coolant flow could result in a hotter running motor. I tested numerous thermostats on the stove in a pan of water and was amazed at how much the opening sizes and temps vary from one to another.

David

Back